Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
@pondfairy. Hi Pip. Good to hear you have sorted your replacement vehicle, a smaller one will no doubt be easier to manage. Mine is only a 2 birth, I couldn't manage anything bigger.

I've booked quite a few scheduled rallies this year beginning with Eden camp on 7th April. I don't see my way clear to make any other arrangements at the moment. Maybe you could get yourself on a few rallies, that's the best way to meet other motorhomers....

OP
OP
Muriel

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Eden camp is in Malton, north Yorkshire. I've never been before, in fact although I've booked several meets for 2017, I've never been on any before. I know you've said you're not keen on lines of vans but if I may say so, I imagine it's basically what this club is about. I could be wrong but I'm getting the impression that some meets are huge and some not so. if you choose the not so large rallies, maybe they will be ok for you.
The trouble is that you have to be quick in putting your name down for rallies as they get booked up quickly. I hope you manage to get on a few rallies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Pip ... some of the best meets are just groups of friends meeting up .. the Cornwall meet if it materialises looks like being one of those. :)

Eden camp is a considerable drive away unless you incorporate some other meets on the way up ...

There is the Bagwell meet .. there are meets at upton upon severn .. meets in Wales ... it's just a matter of sorting diaries out .. at which I am rubbish. It would be good if we could find a 'cheap' place near Bath as it might open up the opportunity of a meet to several people. .

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Bath Caravan site is a lovely woodland site with Marina. Park and Ride very close by or walk into Bath along tow path. over 60 concession, I'm going soon though no date at moment

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
Bath Caravan site is a lovely woodland site with Marina. Park and Ride very close by or walk into Bath along tow path. over 60 concession, I'm going soon though no date at moment
hi, will you be going to bath at all. i am leaving bagwell in a week or so and not sure where next? ideas, pip

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Will be going sometime this year to visit my son but don't know when yet.

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
Hi Will be going sometime this year to visit my son but don't know when yet.
ok, i was thinking of going after bagwell, as not quite sure where to go next, lovely meeting viennese here.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
What is flora and where can I find it? Sorry if I'm being nosey
Linda jane, no such thing as being nosey on here but if you are I am certain the girls will let you become a member of their NMC, nosey mares club. (y)
Flora I believe is simply another name that the ladies on here call themselves whereas we men just call ourselves :D
If you write a message and add for example, @ movan, this then alerts the person , in this case Joy that you have posted.
Welcome to the fun :welcomesign:
Norman.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi yes FLORA is a name for anyone who wants to join our group of solo lady travellers .... when you get to a meet you will find we tend to congregate in one corner so that we can stir our cauldrons and cast spells ....... you will have to come over to us to find out what those spells are ... :_
_
)

@Cal54 may be along shortly to explain properly. I am on battery at the moment so may be cut off ... really rushing. You will find that you can join the NMC club just by being female very easily although there are men in there too.... since you ask questions ... Welcome to the NMC. :)

Linda jane

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Reading Berkshire uk
Funster No
MH
Mercedes landsleeper spr
Exp
One year
Thank you both can't wait to actually get envolved.
Are there many members down here in the south I'm in Reading but anyone in the new forest or coastal area ? We could maybe meet up before Christmas.
Lj

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I didn't know that!!!!!!! Learning all the time. :)
only when they've agreed to be on the map though so there will be quite a few who don't show up - so there's something on your profile where you say if you want to be added

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
And l didn't know that !!!!
Personal details
Map location
(TIP: don't put your home postcode, but somewhere nearby)

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Why when I go on to the Funster map does it put me in Suffolk but
in the USA?

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Good idea, I've just done that will check later to see if I'm back in UK(y)

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you both can't wait to actually get envolved.
Are there many members down here in the south I'm in Reading but anyone in the new forest or coastal area ? We could maybe meet up before Christmas.
Lj
Hi Linda, I am up in Merseyside so not close! I know it's a long way off but a few solos are going to the Lymington seafood festival next August.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back