New to site, be gentle!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by motomike, May 11, 2012.

1. motomike

motomike Read Only Funster

Hi everybody,
    Found this site while trying to find info on my defunct Truma boiler (gggrrr).

Anyway, had the motorhome (McLouis Glen 432 on Ducato base) for 4 years, but not really had much time to use it. Bought it because my wife was ill with a tumour and needed somewhere warm to sleep/rest while I walked the mutt. And I'd wanted a MH for a while so that was the excuse I needed. Travelled to Northumbria, Yorks Dales, Somerset, and many single days on the Yorkshire coast.
    Sadly, just me and the dog now. But don't want to part with the van, so need to get some use out of it. Interests are hiking/strolling, beer and wine, friendly pubs and eating out, generally relaxing.
    The rest of the time I motorbike (I have 4), and am involved with adventure motorbike groups. I have ridden Europe, the Himalayas, and doing California later this year.
    In the meanwhile though, need to get the van (and dog) out... now got the time as I've plunged for early retirement ... there's got to be more to life then work?!!
    I have done a little wild camping, but generally use CLs. Don't like the bigger sites, too many people/kids, though I did enjoy the end of season show at Lincoln a couple of years back...liked browsing the trade stands.
    Might be good to meet some like minded folks out there.
    Cheers MM

2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome.

I think you will find there are a lot of bikers on here so you have joined the right forum.

Look forward to your posts:thumb:

3. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Errrrrr .... And where does the dog go when you ride your bike for long journeys? Have you got a special seat for him/her? Sorry if a tad nosey:Blush:If you've got only him ... obviously he's got only you ... or may be not:BigGrin:
    Anyway .... Welcome on FUN

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. acting_strange

acting_strange

Hi Mike and welcome to fun...

As you can see From Frankie's post we have members from all over the world..

We even have some from Wales but you will get used to their strange ways I promise...:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

And yes there are a lot of bikers on here... I ride a curvy SV650 and am currently rebuilding a classic Lambretta but have ridden just about everything in between in my lifetime so far :thumb:

5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Hi Mike and welcome what truma bits are you after? model etc.

6. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

One thing that you won't have to ask for on here is for members to be gentle with you. We treat all members gently apart from the occasional unmerciful ribbing! Welcome to the friendly site.

Wyn

7. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Get your bum and your dog to one of the meets !!! You will be most welcome !!! Stephen.:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Shrewsbury, end of June !! Small but great show, lot's going !!!

8. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Mike and welcome :thumb:
    you may find answers http://www.truma.com/uk/en/heating/overview-heating-systems.php or PHONE THEM UP AND EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM( Tel: 01283 586 050 ) they are very helpful and if the worst happens they only charge about 35 an hour to fix it (Derby) so not too fat for you to travel :Wink:
    terry
    BTW pay the tenner and become a full member -it will be the best money spent on your van

9. gawatt

gawatt Read Only Funster

Hi Mike - and welcome!

I've got my CBT in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. :)

10. f6c

f6c Funster

welcome

Welcome aboard:Wink:

11. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

Welcome

Hi there and a warm welcome to MHF:thumb:
    regards brian jo and josh

12. Gran & Rog

Gran & Rog Funster

Hello, welcome to FUN

13. motomike

motomike Read Only Funster

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
    In answer to a couple of questions;
    Errrrrr .... And where does the dog go when you ride your bike for long journeys? Have you got a special seat for him/her? Sorry if a tad nosey:Blush:If you've got only him ... obviously he's got only you ... or may be not:BigGrin:
    Anyway .... Welcome on FUN
    Amicalement
    Frankie
    Ruby goes to friends or relatives usually, but is now too much for some to cope with. So now goes to a foster home, to live with an 18 month old mad Rotty/Ali X. Madhouse!

you may find answers http://www.truma.com/uk/en/heating/o...ng-systems.php or PHONE THEM UP AND EXPLAIN THE PROBLEM( Tel: 01283 586 050 ) they are very helpful and if the worst happens they only charge about 35 an hour to fix it (Derby) so not too fat for you to travel
    t'was the gas valve and a dodgy burner. Serviced by Truma for £35 plus postage, and parts. Good service.

so, up and running again. May see some of you soon, just trying to fit as much as possible into my schedule. Busy lark, this retiring !!

MM

• Like Like x 1
  14. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hi and welcome to Fun, as someone has said the best £10 you will spend is on membership, try and get to a rally lots of company that you can take or leave lots of single folk in the club and everyone just gets on together.

Motorhomes are great for the bike meets we have just come back from Thundersprint at Northwich, was good to be camped within walking distance of everything going on for the week end. Another good meet is Festival of 1000 bikes at Mallory Park, good camping and lots going on.

Welcome aboard :welcomefunster:

15. Popeye

Popeye Funster

:welcome: Mike, I have to say you'll fit right in, so a very warm Welcome, now get your Tenner paid........Griff :thumb:

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

16. the stig

the stig Funster

HI Mike and :welcome:to the house of fun!