Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
south Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Ellddis 180 on order
Exp
new from May 2015
Hi everyone just a few words to say I have just moved from a Swift Challenger 580 se and am now awaiting my new Elddis 180 six berth which is still in the factory.What I would like to now is do you carry drinking water in the on board tank while in transit to green field sites and what about emptying the gray water tank on a green field site is this o k or restricted.On arriving on a camping site is there a place to go to to fill the drinking water tank up and to empty the gray water tank these things I have never really looked into before.
Dekka

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Ha ha - grey waste question!

I'm pretty sure everyone here will say it's okay to let your waste water drip out onto the grass :blush:

As for travelling with a full fresh water tank. I do, some don't - it depends on your weight allowance and if you are worried by the minimal reduction in fuel economy

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, I always carry about a third of a tank of water just in case then fill up on site and usually dump grey water where theres a outlet but some site owners will ask you to dump your grey water in the hedge and nothing wrong it that, it's only washing up water but never dribble your grey water while driving besides giving all motorhomes a bad name its dangerous for other road users especially motorcycles. (y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y) when we have had an on board tank we have always travelled full.we always take our waste black and grey to disposal points or grey to the hedgerow;)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dekka

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
south Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Ellddis 180 on order
Exp
new from May 2015
Thanks all you lovely people especially scousebird for giving me a good laugh.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
image.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dekka

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
south Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Ellddis 180 on order
Exp
new from May 2015
Hi everyone thank you all for your warm welcome . Dekka

BigBadMadBill

Free Member
Mar 26, 2015
Sidcup, Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012 but spent a lot of time in the 1980 with a T2 PopTop
Hi everyone just a few words to say I have just moved from a Swift Challenger 580 se and am now awaiting my new Elddis 180 six berth which is still in the factory.What I would like to now is do you carry drinking water in the on board tank while in transit to green field sites and what about emptying the gray water tank on a green field site is this o k or restricted.On arriving on a camping site is there a place to go to to fill the drinking water tank up and to empty the gray water tank these things I have never really looked into before.
Dekka
It depends on where you are heading. If you are in France and heading towards an Aire then it is possible you may not be able to fill up the water tank on arrival. Many Aires have the fresh water tap too close to the toilet emptying point for our liking and many Aires require you to use a token. The tokens might be sold in a Tabac which has now closed. So in this situation we would start (if possible) with a full tank of water.
As to Grey Water the problem is that it smells disgusting and some people will not like you emptying it at the side of the site, although the site in Slindon does not like you to use the drain but to tip in the bushed behind your pitch. Most UK sites will have a drain point, even CLs & CSs, the French consider it to be their right for all sites to have a drain to dump grey waste. In my opinion it is a crime to tip grey water down a drain and it should be poured over bushes or other plants, there will be nothing in it to harm plants (detergents are a fertiliser!!!) or to cause any pollution on such scale. Black waste is, of course, another issue - you MUST only ever tip it down the correct point!

All pukka sites will have a fresh water tap as will many CLs & CSs. We take a couple of those Swiss metal drinking bottles with us to store water for drinking but use the MH water for making coffee etc - ie anything boiled.

Hope you enjoy your new MH!

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @Dekka and welcome.

Most has been answered. I like to have at least a third of a tank because I'd hate the water heater to be dry!

You have a 90litre fresh water tank on that van, so when full, you're carrying 90kilos! However, there's nothing worse than being stuck with no water and you can't always guarantee a supply, especially in Europe.

I always carry two x 5 litre flaggons of tap water (flaggons bought originally from Icelands) .

Enjoy your new van. Another Elddis user - whoopee!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back