new to motorhomeing with new Adria Izola (1 Viewer)

A

AL Notts.uk

Deleted User
Hi, It's my first time so be gentle....i recently decided to sell up and buy a motorhome following an illness. Never having been inside a motorhome nor driven anything bigger than an estate car, along with the whole european driving experience, i have to say the whole thing was quite daunting...However i bit the bullet found a motorhome that i liked & suited both me & my dogs needs. I have'nt regreted a single moment.
I have looked all over this site for other Adria Izola owners and as yet not found one. There must be someone else out there??
Im going to travel europe via the plymouth-santander ferry this coming weekend a little aprehensive...over ridden by a sense of adventure & exitement. Im sure i will meet lots of people on my travels, but have to admit that im worried i will be a bit younger than the majority of the average camper me being 42. (no stereotyping intended)
Would love to hear from others with any tips/advice on all aspects but particularly interested in any information from other Adria owners & seasoned european motorhomers.Thanks in advance. signed a very excited Al, in Nottinghamshire.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think I can hear Camcondor on her way to answer some of your questions :winky:

Sounds like you have it all sorted, a great way to spend some time. keeps us all posted on your travels. There are many continental tourers here that I am sure will offer a few words of advice. We only get to make in to deepest France at the moment. But hey ho come the revoloution and wer'e off.
We are in teh process of selling our van and buying an Adria. Ao therefore they must be good ::bigsmile:

enjoy your travels and keep us updated of where you get too,. and what its like,.

Paul
aged 39 3/4s

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Al,

Welcome to the site and the motorhomingworld.
We have owned 5 Adria's in all kinds of layouts and sizes :roflmto:
It is a very good and sturdy motorhome and would not hesitate in buying another one.
We bought them in Germany from the same dealer all the time.
We have changed to the Frankia ( same dealer) as we liked the layout of this one.

Have fun

Kind regards

Maddie

Upvote 0

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Strange:RollEyes: our last van was a Frankia A class & we have changed to an Adria Izola. Would have liked another Frankia but couldn't justify the extra cost. You can see the difference in quality but for almost double the price you should.

Hi Al have you sorted out your warranty? I am still trying to get mine sorted out, Adria & Renault are saying that the Renault warranty is a pan european one & is only 2 years unlike the UK one which is 3 years. The argument is that they sold the vehicle to Adria & I bought it from a deale, which means the warranty is for the country in which it was first sold. If you read the terms & conditions for the Renault warranty it states the warranty is for the country it is first registered in. Would be interested to hear of other motorhomes based on Renault that are made outside the UK. Also the roadside assistance isn't the AA one you have to ring Adria Partner in Slovenia :Sad:

Which model do you have? We bought the S687SPG, still getting used to it as we only got it the beginning of November. I am just fixing a refillable gas bottle so we don't have problems in Europe. We are hoping to get away early next year but we will just take the short ferry & see where we end up.

If there is anything you want ot know just ask, we all had to start somewhere & getting advice from other experienced motorhomers helps us all.

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi AL

Sounds like you have some adventures ahead. I am sure you will have a great time:thumb:

Anywhere you have an internet connection, log in and let us know how you are getting on, and if you have any questions, log in and ask away, the funsters won't keep you waiting long for an answer.

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Al and welcome....there is an ever-increasing band of Adria owners, ex-owners and wanabees on this site!!

Kontiki is the one with an Izola, the others have, or are shortly getting, the A class Vision, the Coral and the Twin.

We have an A class Vision and are very happy with the van, its value for money and its general build quality. Unfortunately our dealer was completely appalling and Adria at Long Melford (the importers) have not been much help although have improved slightly over the past year. Luckily, we have not had intense problems with any aspect of our van and have not had to rely on the dealer or importer for a great deal of after sales service.

The Renault aspect has been a real nuisance to unravel - basically, the Renault bases are NOT UK sourced, so do not, as Kontiki says, come with a 3 year warranty as UK Renaults do and breakdowns are via Euro support rather than the AA. However, as we have Safeguard insurance which includes AA cover, this does not present a huge problem and, touch wood, the Renault has been extremely reliable and pleasant enough to drive. A warranty issue (burnt out aircon motor) was dealt with efficiently via a Renault main dealer.

Renault customer services are completely clueless when it comes to motorhomes built on their bases, so it serves only to irritate you if you phone them!! Adria clarified the base warranty is 2 and not 3 years. Unlike Fiats, Renaults don't need a 3 year warranty :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we hope, as there is no reverse judder and rusting engines!!!

Please ask away if you have any questions, Adria related or just general motorhoming things - someone is generally able to provide an answer quite quickly!!!

Enjoy your Adria - there is an Adria owners club too, if you are interested!!

Laurie:thumb:

Upvote 0

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just do it !!!!!!!

It does not matter a jot what kind of MH you have ! just get on the ferry and DO IT !! you will meet like minded people and will learn from their experiences, after a couple of weeks you will wonder( " why on earth did i worry about all this ?") this is what i did a few years ago and NEVER have regretted it ! as for driving on the "wrong" side of the road, it is easier because there is less traffic and more country ! JUST DO IT !! and keep us all informed . ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Had a conversation with Renault (again) today, if you read the T&C regarding the warranty it says 'The Warranty applies to any vehicle sold new in the United Kingdom as long as it is driven and remains registered in the following European countries:' (there was a list of most of Europe)
When I pushed this point with Renault that I bought the vehicle new the reply was they sold the vehicle to Adria & they are registered as the original owners :cry: I am still disputing this & as you say Adria is no use at all they just say it's a pan European 2 year warranty. When I bought the van I was told by the dealer that it was a 3 year warranty.

The other issue I have is the servicing, as far as Renault is concerned it is due for a service in Dec. 2008 one year from the date it was delivered to Adria. Nobody can tell me if I have to get this done for certain then or not. Logic says it should be Nov. 2009 1 year after it was first registered.

I bought this van in the UK to hopefully avoid some of the problems we had regarding warranty issues we had when buying from Germany, I could have probably got it a bit cheaper but we decided that it wasn't worth the trouble of self importing this time due to the cost of the euro. :Eeek:

Upvote 0

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Kontiki, if you managed to get it in writing from the dealer that the van has a three year base vehicle warranty, he will have to honour that AFAIK. I think its Adrias stance, however, that EU sourced base vehicles have a 2 year warranty and this is what they give. Other companies in the UK top up the warranties on other base vehicles(not Renault) to 3 years.

I'm hoping its just an academic point, namely that breakdowns and warranty repairs are not the norm with Adria Renault bases!

Modern vehicles do not need yearly servicing - if you read the Renault service book it confirms this; ours is due for a service March 2009, purchased March 2007.Renaults customer service phone centre are absolute rubbish and don't seem able to spout a sensible word about the Renault base vehicles used for motorhomes!!!. :Sad:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back