Feb 7, 2011
france
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
this year
hi forum,
I am new to motorhomefun and new to motorhoming, I recently bought a new Rollerteam AS750 7.1 metres long with a large garage on the back for my two dogs to sleep in, it has a fixed bed over the garage and the unit is a 2.3 fiat ducato multi jet.At present my wife and I are down in southern spain at Almeria having spent the last 2 months in benidorm at La Toretta, we actually live in central France and have3 escaped to the south just to leave the cold weather behind, so far the only down point is that i feel i need a car to explore a bit so i will consider towing a car behind me ( i think that a frames are not going to be acceptable in europe before long ) so i will probably get a car and trailer ( any advice gratefully received
CHEERS

BILLY10

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

Ever thought of a small scooter or hiring a car for when you need it if its only for the odd day and if site is close to town should be able to do so.
My brother has a flat in murcia and went out 2 weeks ago hired a car for 43 euro's mon- fri

Gerry

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
There was a thread earlier were someone said they are looking to make a frames legal in europe next year so maybe worth waiting.
When we are in spain or portugal we use the public transport which we find very good,
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, a frame is currently ok in France but totally forbidden in Spain.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Billy and welcome.

please dont think i'm preaching but...
with a large garage on the back for my two dogs to sleep in, :Eeek:

i hope you have some sort of grill so the door can be left open.

probably fine at this time of year, but come summer the temperature in the garage will become unbearable...even at night.:Sad:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Billy :welcome: to motorhome fun. :thumb:

When we go to Spain we take the car on the trailer, we have only come across a few sites that charge extra for it, and in that case we don't stay and find somewhere else.:winky:::bigsmile: But I must admit very handy when your there for a reasonable length of time. :Smile: We had an A Frame on the last car, but I prefer the trailer after cooking the brakes and boiling the brake fluid after the cable jammed. :Doh::cry:

Also been down the Scooter route and had a couple, but we came off in Spain and it put me out of action for 6 weeks with cracked ribs. :whatthe:.........................Could not go through that again.

Sitting there watching Jane doing the Water / Waste and emptying the Toilet everyday. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
A Warm Welcome to our new Funsters.

A bit of advice, too. Don't trust Old PJ's cooking! Hot dogs should always be grilled, what else do you do with them

"i hope you have some sort of grill" . Course they do, PJ

Cheers, Guys

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome. We too are Roller Team owners, 600, and we love it. Thought of buying a car to tow but in 18 months havent needed one so will hire one should the need arise.

Dale & Family

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
A Warm Welcome to our new Funsters.

A bit of advice, too. Don't trust Old PJ's cooking! Hot dogs should always be grilled, what else do you do with them

"i hope you have some sort of grill" . Course they do, PJ

Cheers, Guys
:Doh::roflmto:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
NEW

hi there billy and a warm welcome to MHF:welcome:enjoy your time here:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back