Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Maeve welped yesterday - 5 dogs between 11.44 and 21.50! Three were born by 14.23 and we did not expect any others. She settled down with her three pups and when Howie went to check on her just after 8 he found that she had just produced another one! Dont know who is in greater shock her or us!

Sadly the first born pup died during the night. He was a lot smaller than the rest and despite Maeve and my best efforts he just would not suckle for any length of time. The pups had their first outing this morning with her in the car and all passed fit by the vet. Back tomorrow to get the dew claws attended to.

We have no names as yet apart from Eeny, Meeny, Minny and Mo! However we hope that they all survive and are registered under our kennel name.

Once I have some decent photos of them I will post them for all to see.

Rory, the proud dad, is excluded at the moment and will have to be for a few weeks. We are exhausted as have been up two nights on the trot and I am aching all over from all the bending and kneeling with her yesterday.

Kind regards

Kath & Howie

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
How can you tell us that and not post pics of the little critters?

You will have to name them after reindeers now!:ROFLMAO:

Hydecolt

Free Member
Jan 7, 2008
Traveling in europe
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
full timed 8 years/traveled 4 years
ooh, congratulations,looking forward to seeing pics of the little darlings

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Oh welll done Maeve!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
Sorry about the one that was lost though, puppy breath and waggly tails ...bliss

Well done also Kath n Howie !!

John n Kath xx

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Eeeeeeck! Takes me back to 17 August last year when me and Lindsay were up all night with Ellie, providing the support she needed. I slept on the kitchen floor beside her for 10 nights just in case she squashed the puppies. Because we like to go off in the MH, sadly we got Elllie filleted but If it wasn't for that, I'd do it all over again in 2011. I adored the puppies and still see 2 regularly (Lindsay kept Phoebe for herself). Needless to say, this was not a lucrative business but I really enjoyed it.

Ivy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I only counted 4 births, hee hee you missed one.
any way congratulations ÂŁ4k worth of pups, not a bad nights work, hee hee.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well done Kath and Howie ..... and young Maeve of course. Really pleased the birthing went well for the mum, Kath, and sorry about the little one that didn't make it. Even so, one more than you anticipated last time we spoke.

Really pleased for you all.... and a lovely start to the New Year. Hugs Joy xx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Glad the first litter has arrived, sorry about the one little one, hope the rest all do well, bet you feel really proud, love to see the pictures when you are ready. :Smile:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Thank goodness, when I read the thread heading I thought it was another Elton John thread :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: this one is much more interesting good luck with the litter the work starts now for all of you.

Have a great new year Rick.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Never mind tired get snapping with the camera::bigsmile:
what nice news cant wait to see the pics:thumb:

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Have just taken some picks but left the camera upstairs so will have to go and retrive it the next time I go to check on them.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes and just to say that we are not in it for the dosh as it costs more in monitory and physical work than what ever price we may get for them (Howie wants to keep them all just now!!!!!)

Will do an update later on.

Kath & Howie

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
well done to proud mum on her first litter - thats a good number for a first one, and well done kath and howie. sorry one of them didnt make it though

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Here is a picture as promised. Maeve made me promise not to take any more until she gets herself back in shape lol

Attachments

• P1030221 (800x600).jpg
    P1030221 (800x600).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
thanks for the pic:roflmto:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
and another one..... awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thank you Kath. xx

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
pups

well done can scran have 1 to play with lol:Smile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Brilliant:thumb:

Lets not forget Rory who lets face it put a heck of a load of effort into this.:roflmto:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
0rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so cute they look like baby panders, thanks Kath & Howie. :Smile:

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Update

Just to update you on the progress of the litter -

Sadly another pup died early this morning. For those who I chatted to in the chat room you may remember that I said I was worried about one of them and unfortunatly he went this morning.

Maeve had a fitful night and I wont go into the smelly details. Of the three that are left one is definitly not thriving and worried about him. We went to the vets as planned and he is mystified too. He has given Maeve antibiotics although she has not any signs of infection apart from terrible runs. She is on water only and poor thing is not even very interested in that. The vet said to feed the pups artifically every 2 hours which is easier said than done but we are trying. The littlest one did perk up with this but reminds me of the other two that have died so only time will tell.

number 5 pup as we havent named them is still the biggest and has put on 60 grams since yesterday. As I didnt manage to weigh number 3 and 4 yesterday I dont know if they have gained any weight but am now keeping an eye on their weight. Vet said that they can go back on to Maeve but it is very difficult to keep them away from her and she them.

Back to the vet in the morning and just praying that all will be ok in the end. Maeve needs a good sleep as do I so hoping that we all have a better night.

Kath & Howie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
:cry: sorry to read your sad news, I do hope they all turn the corner and get better I am sure it must be a real worry for you both,:hug: fingers crossed here

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh Kath, I am so sad to read your news. I really hope the little ones pull through and that mum gains strength. It must be heartbreaking to watch and I wish I were nearer to you so that I could help physically in some way. In fact, beggar the distance ... if there IS something I can do to help with looking after one of the pups or anything PLEASE just phone me and ask and I will sort something out. Big hugs to you and Howie and give mum and dad and pups an extra stroke from me full of strength. xxxxx

OP
OP
Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Update

First of all thanks to everyone for their good wishes and Joy if you were closer I am sure you would be here! After a good nights sleep I have now caught up with things and am ok.

Howie did the night shift last night and was up every half hour with them. The littlest one was feeding well and the other two appear to have the knack and all have gained some weight overnight.

Maeve is much better and appears to have settled down on her water diet! Been to the vet's this morning and he is happier with her and the pups who had their dew claws done too. He gave her the all clear to start on bland diet and when we got home I gave her some steamed chicken that we had prepared earlier. She nearly had my hand off so I know that she is alright!

The puppies are continuing to feed and we are topping up the littlest one so that he keeps improving. I have been away for a couple of hours to get some essentials and collect Howie's sister who is going to spend New Year with us and can see a difference in them in that couple of hours.

We are still a long way from knowing that they will all make it but at least they are all going in the right direction and Maeve is back to herself.

Will keep you all posted as to how they are.

Kath & Howie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thank you for the update nice to read things are a little better, best wishes for the new year to you all,::bigsmile: dogs and people

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back