Dyad

Free Member
Apr 13, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Herald Templar
Exp
Hello all. I was directed over here by a narrow boat forum member when I posted on there that I'd bought a van instead of a boat.
Brand new to the camper van scene, I have bought a Transit Herald Templar 2 berth van with low mileage and a well looked after interior. I hope to learn a thing or two on here.
Kev.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
welcome. a few of our members still have or had narrow boats

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and a very warm welcome to the slightly mad house of Funsters :)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
My parents first MH many years ago was a Herald, my Dad still nostalgically rates it as one of the best vans they've had. There is a Compass & Herald owners club, which they continue to be members of, which may also be of interest to you...

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hello and welcome, if your after help and information you've found the right site, in between all the rubbish and p**s takes you will find pure gold. (y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome to the mad house. When we first started looking for a van we looked at a Herald and I thought it was fantastic, but we couldn't afford it at the time and had to walk away.

:welcomesign:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
Hello all. I was directed over here by a narrow boat forum member when I posted on there that I'd bought a van instead of a boat.
Kev.

Hello Kev; my brother who used to own the 70' narrow boat Lilypad saw the light as well and is now exploring the freedom of the World on wheels rather than water.
Good luck with your flimsy professionally built van, but as an ex narrow boat owner and no doubt into DIY, I wonder how long it will be before you decide to try making one yourself............. If you do pop over to www.diymotorhome.co.uk where we will all attempt to guide you along the way.

All the best

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
good news about your herald is that it was likely made at the poole site and when they closed down the stores man bought out all the stock of parts and opened his own shop. charles and son of poole

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Kev, welcome to the fun house.

Nice van and great layout, I remember wanting one of those when we first started out but couldn't afford one. Age of the vehicle isn't important but condition is and it sounds like you've got a good one.

Just one word of warning ... don't try to take it on the water ... it won't float!! :D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome(y):WelcomeFlag:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dyad

Free Member
Apr 13, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Transit Herald Templar
Exp
:h: Well, I have never had such a great welcome to a forum before, thanks everyone. :h:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back