New technology not all it's cracked up to be.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bushtrekker, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Bushtrekker

Bushtrekker Read Only Funster

Tonight we're on a THS at Burton Bradstock and next to us is a brand new 'Hymer Gold Edition' motorhome with a remote controlled all singing all dancing satellite dish. The owners have gone to the pub as they can't get it up(The satellite dish:Smile:) because of the wind, whereas our aging and battered aerial is giving a perfect picture.:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 7
  2. steveclecy

steveclecy Read Only Funster

Stop gloating!

• Like Like x 1
  3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I'd prefer the pub to tv anytime:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

weve had many happy holidays at burton bradstock, but remember well the strong winds at the turn of the tide and the field's predispostion to flooding. it is after all a tight valley and is a flood plain

Hope you enjoy your stay:thumb: excellent chip shop in West Bay, and good fishing just up the coast at west bexington off the beach.

5. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

LOL Don't forget that once the "sales team" has persuaded the bosses to add value to a vehicle by adding toys, the buyers job is to get the cheapest possible deal for that "toy"

Rarely the "best" option or product!:Eeek:

Just a thought

Eddie

• Like Like x 1
  6. MikeD

MikeD Funster

good advice

This is good advice to anyone buying a motorhome :thumb:

7. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

Surely now that Freeview TV has become fully operational satellite TV is now redundant in the UK.

8. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I do not get it up either

I do not get it up either.... mine goes round and round... a dome NETA sat system..

Do not worry about the wind out side... it is Ezzie inside that causes the issues.

Bob:Wink:

9. maz

maz Funster

Ye gods, Burton Bradstock! Haven't heard that place mentioned for yonks. As a kid, I used to get dragged there year after year for the summer holiday in a rented static caravan by my parents. Until I was old enough to rebel ........ :BigGrin:

10. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

That firstly assumes you can always get a Freeview signal.:RollEyes:

Freeview is a digital signal, so it is either all, or nothing. I have been in many parts of the UK where I could not get a decent Freeview signal, and the analogue transmission had already been switched off.

Particularly in secluded valleys, hilly areas, remote location and around the coast,(places where Motorhomers like to go), Freeview is not all it is made out to be, hence people having to upgrade antennas and using boosters to get a Freeview signal.

The sat in the sky is always there, and has so many more channels to offer. As for being redundant I think satellite is going from strength to strength with more and more FTA and FTV channels and HD channels available on satellite.

p.s the wind does not affect my sat dish protected in a dome, and here on the ship I'm watching the French open Final on sat tv with 50 to 60 knot winds outside...:thumb::thumb:

11. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Not on the site i've just come back from near Barmouth, TV reception was appalling, it was a good job I took my dish and tripod with me or shmbo would have missed the Jubilee concert and my life would not have been worth living