New tablet....

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Easyliving, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

I am in need of a new tablet as my old Android one has just about given up the ghost. As I want to run a couple of Windows programs I thought I would try this Windows 10 tablet and keyboard from Amazon.

Looks okay to me for £130, I'll let you know if its up to scratch. Anyone else got one?

Paul

tablet.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Billy23

Billy23 Funster

Well if it's this one

It looks good for the money and the reviews on Amazon, most of them 800 rate it very well.

3. Kybod

Kybod Funster

Hi, i bought this from Amazon about three weeks ago whilst it was on a daily deal. I have mainly used it connected to the keyboard and used it like a small laptop and it has performed well.
    Like you i have wanted to use a couple of Microsoft programs whilst away which was too much like hard work on an Android device and my 17" laptop too large to take away, so went for one of these.
    Mike.

4. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Thanks for the info Mike. I too have a 17" laptop which I have had for years. Its Windows Vista though, same as my desktop PC, and getting a bit clunky and its too big and heavy to lug around.

I was hoping my new tablet would arrive tomorrow, Christmas Eve, but it won't get here till Sunday apparently, impatient or what?

Paul

5. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

I recently brought an HP Pavilion 360 2in1, very pleased with, but was a bit dearer £380. A tad on the heavy side as we went for a 13.3" screen. We were looking at the cheaper ones. What was noticeable was how screen quality and viewing angle improved with price, that is one of the reasons decide to spend more, also the proccessor is fast enough to cope with anything we can through at it. Will probably work out cheaper over 5 years as we won't need to replace it.

6. motorhomer

motorhomer Read Only Funster

I have an HP pavillion X2, for about 18 months now. Great for the motorhome as its small and very portable, but still performs like a windows laptop or tablet when disconnected. It originally had Win 8, since then 8.1 and now win 10. All very good. Concept is great!

Still need a bigger machine for general home use though.

7. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

What great reviews....... I wonder if they would run my Bernina ART program........... (it's for my embroidery machine that needs a laptop to process the artwork and convert it to an XY stitch out format - newer machines have the processor built on and you use a memory card with the designs)

8. Boringfrog

Boringfrog Funster

Looks a good tablet for the money, only thing that let's it down I my opinion is the screen resolution of 1280 x 800.

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

That looks good, proper W10 not fake windows as some early windows tabs were.

It's a proper laptop but lacking hard drive storage so can't quite be used as a proper laptop.

10. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

My tablet turned up on Christmas Eve after all (thanks Amazon) so I have had a chance to play.

Very impressed so far, works really well and seems well built.

I did have an issue with the screen rotation - kept insisting on switching to portrait format but a quick google said that an update to Windows 10 fixes it which it has.

I have downloaded a 3D modeling program I use which is often a bit flakey but it installed and works fine.

My tablet was delivered by DPD, very clever that you can track your parcel and see on a street map where the delivery van is and how many more drops before its your turn.

Paul

11. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Just had one bought me for xmas. Early days but seems to work very well and quick enough.
    Although it did take an hour to download the latest version of Windows 10.

Mine reads 28.6Gb of memory so I'm going to buy one of these SD cards for storing files and photos.
    32Gb is a big as you can go and this is the fastest memory I could find.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391316573425

12. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I thought 64GB and 128GB were available now, so can't the tablet use these ?

28+32GB is not to be sneezed at 'till you start on movies.

13. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Not according to my booklet

14. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

According to the Linx technical spec the tablet can only use up to 32gb micro sd card. Things change so quickly with these things I should imagine 64gb or 128gb would be fine.

15. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

Yes, mine took a long time too. Originally the download would not get past '1% complete'. Our friend Google came in useful again and I found out you have to create and sign in to a Microsoft account then download works fine.

Paul

16. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

No so sure - can you one buy a 128Gb and try it?
    I set up an account straight away so no problem.

17. Easyliving

Easyliving Funster

There is a discussion on this forum about using 128gb micro sd cards, don't seem to be any problems. Also mentioned are 'fake' sd cards, I never knew such things existed.