New starters from Warsash Hampshire (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
I'm a slightly less experienced newbie and still learning
Hi All
We have been Tuggers for 35 years and we were still learning and picking up tips. We did have a brief 18 month flirtation with an Autosleeper Legend in 1996 and are now more than excited that we are about to rejoin the Moho's ranks with a Delaware ordered at the October NEC. which should be delivered shortly.
Started watching this site shortly after the show and know that there is a whole lot more learning to do. We have enjoyed it's many facets and the personal blog's. the early days of the "The World is my Lobster" I found immensely enjoyable and inspirational. Some of the tips are real gems (even if they are in some way common sense) "Not parking facing downhill on wet grass and expecting to reverse out" springs to mind. There really is a wealth of information on it, unfortunately because of the age of the grey matter I do tend to forget it shortly after it is read (note to self) write it down.
Am wondering if this site can be considered as "social media" if so it is a first for us and our children and grandchildren will be amazed as were from the dark ages.
Will asking questions shortly on the other threads.
Sue and Ray
Lots of members use a quote so here's mine.
"Nine tenths of wisdom is being wise in time" Roosevelt T

Spots

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Reading
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgard
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello and welcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Hi and welcome. Warsash! I know it well. We lived in a static van on Solent Breezes for 6 years while we were working in Whiteley. The Rising Sun was our favourite local.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Welcome we had a autosleeper legend
had lots of good times .

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Welcome! We'll be down in Hampshire on Thursday, only 500 miles away!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Sue & Ray,
Big Welcome from a cross the solenton the Isle of Wight. Like you were almost from the dark ages, I used to work across southampton water from you in the fawley complex for 16 years
Ann & Terry + ASBO our cocker

Last edited:
OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hola Judith (not sure of the etiquette) or should it be Jumartoo.
We have the ferry booked for Spain beginning of May looking forward to some decent weather. Not sure where we are heading but for the first time it will be sites. Will not break the habit of 35 years tugging quickly!
Thanks for your welcome.
S&R

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Anne, Terry and ASBO
Know the Riser well, great views over the water the pink ferry is still running!
I've ridden the IOW randonee a few times not sure I could manage the hills these days although I keep promising myself that I will try.

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Anne Terry & ASBO
Made a mistake mentioning the Riser pub to you it was someone else who mentioned it in their welcome, sorry.

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Paul
Thanks for your welcome know Solent Breezes well my Daughter worked there briefly between school and college.
Sue & Ray

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Combined thank you "to all" for all the kind welcomes.
Sue & Ray

Nov 16, 2012
Hedge End
Funster No
MH
Bilbo's Nexa
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome! We are not far from you, in Hedge End. You'll have a wonderful time!

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Hi All
We have been Tuggers for 35 years and we were still learning and picking up tips. We did have a brief 18 month flirtation with an Autosleeper Legend in 1996 and are now more than excited that we are about to rejoin the Moho's ranks with a Delaware ordered at the October NEC. which should be delivered shortly.
Started watching this site shortly after the show and know that there is a whole lot more learning to do. We have enjoyed it's many facets and the personal blog's. the early days of the "The World is my Lobster" I found immensely enjoyable and inspirational. Some of the tips are real gems (even if they are in some way common sense) "Not parking facing downhill on wet grass and expecting to reverse out" springs to mind. There really is a wealth of information on it, unfortunately because of the age of the grey matter I do tend to forget it shortly after it is read (note to self) write it down.
Am wondering if this site can be considered as "social media" if so it is a first for us and our children and grandchildren will be amazed as were from the dark ages.
Will asking questions shortly on the other threads.
Sue and Ray
Lots of members use a quote so here's mine.

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Hi Sue n Ray We hope you enjoy your new van. You will do well if delivery is pending and it arrives on time. Fiat got a massive order from motorhome manufacturers at the October show. Our order a Rapido at the October NEC is due in June. A long wait but lets hope I get enough use out of it before age related stuff really kicks in. We had a lovely meal at the Silver Fern is that what its called in Warsash ? The mother in law lives in Locks Heath so we pop down from Yorkshire on a regular basis.
One thing I would say is if you decide to tow a car on an a frame don't advertise it. There are lots of people that have an opinion or two about the subject. It seems more important to them than anything in life. They must have a very boring life or a very small garden.
Enjoy the new van Vic n Liz

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:welc:Hi Sue & Ray:welc:
You'll love it on this Forum. Great set of people:clap2::clap2:
In Warsach June this year, at Dibles site, before we catch Ferry.
:party2::welc::party2:

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Zigisal
My wife is on her way there (Fareham) now to bash the credit card some more. :-(
This location is so good for the ferries isn't?:)

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Andrew
Lived there (Hedge End) for 15 years and loved it. In the early days it was still almost just a village! Before coming here some 30 years ago now (how old am I?). Still got family and friends there and of course the boss (wife) loves the retail outlets!
Thanks for your welcome.
Ray

OP
OP
R
Aug 21, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A/T Impala 615
Exp
Hi Vic & Liz
Silver Fern Know it well, was up your way in 2014 for the Tour de France staying at Rowntree Park. Super position for York which we both loved. Can't think of it's name but there was an exceptional Italian (part of which was in it's basement) close to one part of the city walls which we kept returning to because we enjoyed it so much.
Thanks for your welcome.
Sue & Ray

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back