Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I quite like the new home page, I read some of the Rally's, and Mh stuff that I probably wouldn't have before I hit the serious stuff, mind you, I would have picked the items of interest, or I could have offered some advice (ie Wild Mint:giggler:) when I went direct to Recent posts. Cant say I'm enamored with the secret clubby thingy:worried:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
@Jim Not 'lost' per se , lost in the sense it won't be on the Forum front page... which for me anyway, will make it a less interesting forum..

Another example.. I have no interest in the Uke group, I play guitar, but if they were looking for a guitarist how would I know .. ? I'm not going to read that group everyday.. That's just one example.. there are dozens more.. If group content is not on recent posts non group members will never read so may miss something that MAY have interested them..

it's only my opinion..

I can see where your coming from,but,in last few hours I have discussed Uke stuff that I've not seen posted at all in the past.
BTW-would you like to buy a Fender Strat Affinity ? my fingers won't reach many chords so it's gotta go.:crying1:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I quite like the new home page, I read some of the Rally's, and Mh stuff that I probably wouldn't have before I hit the serious stuff, mind you, I would have picked the items of interest, or I could have offered some advice (ie Wild Mint:giggler:) when I went direct to Recent posts. Cant say I'm enamored with the secret clubby thingy:worried:
Right - now I really think I've lost the plot.
Last night clicking the mh logo showed recent post but split by forum ie rallies at the top, then mh stuff, then u shape. Quite liked it as I do often miss rally posts.
Now it's gone back to how it was before - all recent posts in a list???

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I cannot get my head around all these changes (yet:D)I could well be wrong and probably am but not long ago PM'S changed to Start a conversation which if I understood right you could invite anyone into thus creating a small amount of people into.This would be ideal for such people in Benidorm to arrange where they eat/drink that night and as such we on the forum would know nothing about so it did not interfere with anything on the front page etc or did/have I missed something ?
BTW it's changed again I have now lost rallies section and it goes onto the recent posts again :D(y)I'll try not to get used to stuff for the next couple of days,until all the changes have been made/set to/back to what was /is :D
terry

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Jim how about a rally at your place in the spring? "How to get your head round the changes with forum?" with little lessons and how to's with shortcuts etc.,

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I cannot get my head around all these changes (yet:D)I could well be wrong and probably am but not long ago PM'S changed to Start a conversation which if I understood right you could invite anyone into thus creating a small amount of people into.This would be ideal for such people in Benidorm to arrange where they eat/drink that night and as such we on the forum would know nothing about so it did not interfere with anything on the front page etc or did/have I missed something ?
BTW it's changed again I have now lost rallies section and it goes onto the recent posts again :D(y)I'll try not to get used to stuff for the next couple of days,until all the changes have been made/set to/back to what was /is :D
terry
Thanks, thought it was just me.......;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Jim how about a rally at your place in the spring? "How to get your head round the changes with forum?" with little lessons and how to's with shortcuts etc.,
Good idea - I find it much easier with someone there face to face to explain things (y)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
if you go in to a group of which you are a member, if you click on group members you can invite people in to the group. I only just learnt that so have invited some I know who are in to footie, skiing etc.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have just started 2 groups ....... Board Games and Music Gigs and Festivals.
Would love a few members if anyone's interested.

The power of Groups !

I'd get board with games but a good Jazz Festival, that would be good.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I thought I understood this group stuff...and then...

if you go in to a group of which you are a member, if you click on group members you can invite people in to the group.

:wait: I'm confused...why are you inviting group members into the group...they're...already...members...of...? :confused:

Help...my brain hurts o_O

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I thought I understood this group stuff...and then...

:wait: I'm confused...why are you inviting group members into the group...they're...already...members...of...? :confused:

Help...my brain hurts o_O
So does mine, using an i pad mini means I'm having to turn it all ways to see what I'm doing.
Quite like the thought of the groups and hopefully be able to get my head round it soon.......don't understand how some threads are in the group board and also the main forum but not worrying about it - life's too short:D

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
No neil ...i mean if they are not a member...A way of letting them know the group exists

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So does mine, using an i pad mini means I'm having to turn it all ways to see what I'm doing.
Quite like the thought of the groups and hopefully be able to get my head round it soon.......don't understand how some threads are in the group board and also the main forum but not worrying about it - life's too short:D

Think the one in the diet thread is in both because of the good references in that thread and there are threads and discussions if you go on the threads that's the main forum if you stay in the discussions that stays in the group (I think).

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
will we have a Daily Mail appreciation group..

Please. Then People who don't like the DF can ignore it lol

But I'm Nosy about everything!!

Join all the groups?

My RC micro helicopter should arrive today-should I start a group?

If you know how to fly one I'd be interested cos mine keeps crashing.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
After using the groups, the one thing that would be of benefit is a like button .Saves doing a big quote, so at least posters can see their posts have been see and acknowledged if need be, is this possible Jim :Smile:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
After using the groups, the one thing that would be of benefit is a like button .Saves doing a big quote, so at least posters can see their posts have been see and acknowledged if need be, is this possible Jim :Smile:
that's a very good idea and loving the home brew one I cant drink at the moment nothing stopping me making it
bill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Managed to read some of this thread at work and then finished it tonight, I think it's a good idea and have joined two groups.
One being the running with and the other the skiing one as we are new to skiing and all advice and tip will be good.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
If you know how to fly one I'd be interested cos mine keeps crashing.

At the moment I don't :LOL:
Carolyn gave her daughters boyfriend the Lidl Cartronic micro for Xmas-I had 5 mins with it and was so taken by it that I've bought a Syma107g which is what the lidl one was based on.
This could be a new hobby (y) we'll have to see.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
What about a Focus group, I believe they are very good cars:)

A groups group would be good, where we can collate all the posts from the individual groups and put them in one place so we don t have to read all the individual groups posts to find out what's going on in the groups, instead we can just read the groups group posts in one hit, a bit like it was before the groups were created I suppose, d'oh:):D:rolleyes::confused:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
BTW-would you like to buy a Fender Strat Affinity ? my fingers won't reach many chords so it's gotta go.:crying1:

sorry for the late reply ..
thanks for the offer, but I already have a Fender Strat.. and a Martin acoustic ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back