LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
oops That was me, each group has a leader or two and I nominated you, go and have a look at your group and you will now see owner tools. You can hand it back to me if you like :)

Ok Jim will have a go, got Amberkate in to help me, good to have support when dieting .

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Jim... how can I watch a thread in a group I have joined? Do I automatically get an alert if someone posts in it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I would be quite happy just to find my way into this group thingy.. :(

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Great idea! Works well and I've set up an East London group.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
what about e bikes..or maybe E bikes.... Or, OK den, what about e bikes?:LOL:

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Jim Great idea........ Can we have a loony group........'O' no forget it we already have such a group and its called MHF

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
This is a very good idea...the diverse topics covered in MotorhomeFun should provide a few groups...
I for one would like one to cover Real Ale..what do others think???

Provided your buyingo_O

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
OK HOW TO USE THE GROUPS.

THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE OF USE AS IT REALLY IS VERY SIMPLE AND I THINK WILL WORK A TREAT.

JUST FOR THOSE UNSURE I'VE DONE SOME SCREEN CAPTURES.

instruction 1.jpg
instruction 2.jpg
instruction 3.jpg

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Cannot see where your pointer is pointing on the first one, but counting from the right... I do not have what you are pointing at.. :(

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@old-mo you if you are on a lap top or ipad do you have three white lines? if so click those and drop down will show groups, one of the groups is specially for you.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
@old-mo you if you are on a lap top or ipad do you have three white lines? if so click those and drop down will show groups, one of the groups is specially for you.

I think it might be to do with 'screen resolution' or 'zoom setting'. I'm on my desktop and I only have 3 white lines and not the word 'group'.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
If you hover over the lines there should be a drop down with subscribe, members, groups etc. I will try and screen shot later.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I think it might be to do with 'screen resolution' or 'zoom setting'. I'm on my desktop and I only have 3 white lines and not the word 'group'.

agreed..

@old-mo . as big map said.. look for the three horizontal lines in the dark blue tool bar .. see screen shot.. arrow

capture-png.50993

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    136.8 KB · Views: 117

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thank You @big map... That has done it.. (y)

Just needed explaining.. to me.. :)

Broken Link Removed . as big map said.. look for the three horizontal lines in the dark blue tool bar .. see screen shot.. arrow

Found it, Jim.... Thanks to big map.... (y)

Started a group for the daily quiz.... but could not load a banner.. :(

It`s easy if people would explain in simple terms... innit... :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
How will we know when new posts are in the 'Groups' ?

I understand the reasoning for having 'groups' to keep a topic in the one place.. and make it easy to find.. but if new posts are not on the front page .. do we need to search every group for new posts ?

for me they are just like DIY forums that are not listed on the front page.. this may lead to splinter groups.. and dare I say 'cliques' forming

Frankly I don't see why they are not just like new Forums where everyone can see what is going on..

If people want a private chat or to make private plans.. is Fun the right place ?
.. .. I say no..

just my opinion.. and I'm sure I'll get shot down..

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
How will we know when new posts are in the 'Groups' ?

I understand the reasoning for having 'groups' to keep a topic in the one place.. and make it easy to find.. but if new posts are not on the front page .. do we need to search every group for new posts ?

for me they are just like DIY forums that are not listed on the front page.. this may lead to splinter groups.. and dare I say 'cliques' forming

Frankly I don't see why they are not just like new Forums where everyone can see what is going on..

If people want a private chat or to make private plans.. is Fun the right place ?
.. .. I say no..

just my opinion.. and I'm sure I'll get shot down..

If you are a member of a group you get an alert for any posting in that group.

One example of how a group could be a good thing - If members of the uke group are going to play at a rally,they might want to discuss a 'play list' in advance so they all know what music to have with them.
I don't see any benefit of that discussion or discussions being held in an open forum.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you are a member of a group you get an alert for any posting in that group.

One example of how a group could be a good thing - If members of the uke group are going to play at a rally,they might want to discuss a 'play list' in advance so they all know what music to have with them.
I don't see any benefit of that discussion or discussions being held in an open forum.

yes, I fully understand the reasons and the benefit in that example.. an other good example would be a group planning a trip to XYZ .. but if a lot of topics end up in groups , some may even be private, some may need an invitation.. what will be on the front page.. so unless you join a group you have no idea what is going on..

we already have 13 groups.. I think it is the thin end of a wedge that may divide Fun..

I do hope I am wrong ..

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
@ScotJimland If you join a group you'll be notified if there are happenings in it. Some groups that warrant it will have a forum section attached to it, so posts within will be seen as normal. Even if you don't join a group, all group discussions are public. No one needs an invitation

As for cliques, these exist in EVERY human group that ever grew greater than two people. I don't see how's providing a place for a dozen Funsters who share a passion for Ukuleles or Oxford the thin end of any wedge. On the contrary, it strengthens Fun because they are here discussing their passion and not on a facebook group.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back