Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Ive had to buy a new Sky+ box for my daughters bedroom after hers died (flashing red power light and nothing else!!!). I got a replacement box off Ebay, set it up and put in her Sky card and expected to have to ring Sky to tie it to the new box BUT :Eeek: it worked straight away :Eeek: she gets all the channels she got on her old box and it records ok.

It isnt connected to the phone line and i wondered if this is why it is working without ringing them.

Is it likely to spit its dummy out after a while or shall i just keep my fingers crossed that it contines to work ok??

Thanks in advance as always :thumb:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
If you don't have the premium channels (movies etc.) then you don't need to pair a card to a box anymore

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Ideally you should pair the card to the box anyway, especially if you have Sports or Movies.
The recording features will work for an unpaired card / box for the free to air channels.
But I have found that it will allow you to record PAY . Sky channels, but it may not allow PLAYBACK of those PAY channels, until the card is paired.

Phone line makes no difference, its only there for new card activations (ie new customers) and interactive voting and buying, and multiroom connections.

You may have to call sky in the long run anyway, when they send out new cards in a few years time as, if like last year, the new cards only activated inthe "paired" box.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Dazzer found this on the web it fixed my box!!!

Well basically my Sky Digibox (not sky+) in my room has decided to stick on standby with the red light only, when I try and press the power button it just sticks on red but when I press a button on my receiver the a red light flashes on the box...? It's done this before but unplugging it for 2 mins sorted it out.

PROBLEM SOLVED! - Got hold of Sky and a decent english support guy, he told me to unplug the ariel cable and then switch it off at the mains then leave it for 1 minute and then plug the arial back in and then switch it on at the mains, leave it for another minute on the red light then pressed the power button and it switched on, green light

Also this from the digitalspy forum

If you dont mind loosing all the programmes in your planner you could try a full system reset.

To do this (I had to do it last week as my box was stuck on standby) you follow these steps.

1. Pull out plug from mains.
2. Hold the 2 buttons that are on either side of the select button on the front of the box.
3. Keep them held while plugging box back into mains.
4. Still keeping them held wait until all 4 lights light up on box.
5. Now press the select button and the gteen lights will start to go backwards.
6. Once it stops it will return to standby and then wait a couple of mins. You should now be able to turn on your box again.

Hope this helps

Regards Pat

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The last method (full system reset) totally formats the hard drive and you lose your recordings.

Sometimes it is better to try a Planner Rebuild first, as that can solve the problem without haveing to lose all your recordings.

I think a flashing red power light is an issue with the pwoer supply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks for all the help guys. Ive tried everything with the old box including the full reset etc. Nothing works I think the hard drive has bitten the bullet and i simply cant be bothered taking it to bits and messing around inside it. The new box cost me £25 and is guaranteed so why mess with the old one??

I think I will give Sky a ring next week and pair it properly I just couldnt face being on hold for 40 mins then speaking to an indian called James who I can hardly understand :winky: when i put the original post on on Friday night :Blush:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Can I ask what we have to do to get the new channel on 108 - presently sky 3- does it just change auto on Tuesday ? looks to be some good programs on it
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back