New shape Ducato Steering wheel lock

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kinsleyboy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy Read Only Funster

Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel lock for the new shape Ducato, one which can easily be removed but gives the appearance of a good deterrent?.

2. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

Sorry to say that my info is that any self respecting pro. laughs at steering locks etc. ( I put one on for show) but opinion seems to be that most modern vehicles Ducato included provide pretty good security.
    So if a pro wants it he's going to have it, the clowns just unfortunately make a mess.
    :Angry::Angry:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

we must be in the latter then.....
    took two mechanics two workshop hours to remove one (fully enclosed steering wheel cover, spinning type )
    bear in mind this was a customers car.
    cover all interior then electric drill, angle grinder and chisel.

i suppose the scroats wont care about damage though.

any thatchham 'sold secure' product has to withstand sustained attack for XX minutes (depending on grade...silver, gold etc) before it gets approval....and they use professionals.

4. Peter James

Peter James Read Only Funster

I believe it is practically impossible to drive away a modern vehicle without the keys. I have heard of people being burgled, or even mugged, to get their keys.
    But if, one way or another,maybe you just lose them or have your pockets picked, the thief gets your keys its very easy to walk down the street pressing the button till he sees the vehicle hazard lights flash telling him which vehicle the keys belong to.

If you have a separate steering lock with the key hidden in your van - not on your key ring, even a crappy steering lock will be at least something to slow the thief down.

5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

The bike magazines have made real fools out of many Thatcham junk. Usually things like padlocks, chains, disk locks. But removed very quickly.

The best one is here: I did this with daughter's expensive bike lock, you should have seen her face.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LahDQ2ZQ3e0[/ame]