Free Member
Sep 14, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hi all, I am looking for advice again! I need to change the rooflight in my Compass drifter. The one in it now has been completely sealed by a previous owner and I got a drip on the head when I was driving the other day, so have decided to replace it. Could any of you generous people recommend a replacement rooflight, it is a 400mm light, with a handle on either side that you push up to open. I do not necessarily need to replace same for same. I just want a good quality one that will work ok and not leak. Could you also recommend the best sealer to use as there seems to be differing opinions as to the best one. I have seen mastic on a tape, is this any good. I am a competent diyer so shouldn`t have any problems replacing the rooflight. As always I am sure you will help me out and I thank you in advance
Cheers Gazzeroo

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Omnivents are very good but to keep the mechanism from seizing up it's advisable to spray some silicone lubricant on regularly.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
400mm x 400mm is a standard size so any will fit.

When you remove the old one have good look at the wood battens which form the opening in the roof.

If they are black and spongy, which they may be if its leaked for a long time in the past, they will be rotten and need replacing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back