Kingsley

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Henley on Thames
Funster No
MH
RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
After a 2 year search, I bought an 1993 RMB 670 HS/G last year and brought it over to the UK recently. I am in the process of importing it. It passed the MoT with flying colours ("immaculate" said the tester).
The biggest puzzle now is to figure out how everything works. The previous owner in Munich explained it all in 15 minutes ... Google translate on the operators manual has helped a little.
Bellini, I notice you did the same in 2014. You live very near by us. Would you be willing to share what you have discovered?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi and welcome, if you have bought an RMB you will already know that no two were the same as they were all bespoke built to individual customers requirements. Having owned two of what was one of the best kept secrets in the motorhome world I know that little was the same on either. Of course habitation appliences are much the same on all motorhomes, but the quality of an RMB is below the surface. I will endever to answer any specific questions you may have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kingsley

Kingsley

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Henley on Thames
Funster No
MH
RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
@Snowbird, many thanks. I have been following your posts on these forums for 2+ years (I am not a stalker!) and it was the enthusiasm shown by other RMB owners that guided me to these best kept secrets. I hired a couple of Hymers initially to get the taste of german classics and have spent some time persuading my wife that i am not going through some mid-life crisis. @Bellini lives within 10 miles of me and looking at his photos the layout looks very similar. This one was has 103Km, solar panels, turbo, auto, cruise control, integrated gas tank, two waste tanks with a side outlet, blue/pink fabric interior ..... I had fun bringing it back on DFDS last Saturday from Dunkirk as once I got to the ferry terminal I discovered a flat front tyre. I persuaded them to let me on and then hobbled to Kwik-fit in Dover who declined to lift 4.6 tonnes. Fortunately the AA man (thank goodness for roadside assistance) was less reluctant. The adventure had begun ...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Would that be the round front shape as in my avatar or the swept back front?.

OP
OP
Kingsley

Kingsley

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Henley on Thames
Funster No
MH
RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
did i get in the middle of something? sorry. yes it is a 1993, and had 2 previous owners. i bought it from a very nice gentleman near munich who was so attached to it that he called me on my first long drive to remind me not to go too fast. it's been sitting in a big garage in middle germany over the winter waiting for me to fetch it. i've just spent the afternoon giving it a good wash and am delighted at the condition of the bodywork. let me think of a list of things i could ask you. thanks in advance!

OP
OP
Kingsley

Kingsley

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Henley on Thames
Funster No
MH
RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
sorry @Snowbird i've just figured out what your message meant. here's a photo RMB.jpg
RMB.jpg

OP
OP
Kingsley

Kingsley

Free Member
Mar 26, 2016
Henley on Thames
Funster No
MH
RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
many thanks for the reply @Bellini. i am just getting used to this forum too, so not yet fully into the vocabulary.

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Right, you'll have (probably) two control areas. The main one is this...

From left, the dials are EHU, Leisure Batteries (left and right rocker), Amperage draw from your electrical stuff, Fresh and Grey Water Tank levels via the rocker below and finally the Solar Power regeneration level.

The buttons below will be activation / isolation switches for various elements, such as lighting, water, sockets, fridge, etc. Very handy.

I also have a separate panel for my inverter.

Then, to the left of the sink area near the steps, I have a load of switches for interior / exterior lights, heating, water heater and gas switchover valves. Some of these aren't used or connected these days, but many are still in use.

You'll also have a comprehensive array of electrical isolation stuff and wires in your garage.

Let me know what specifics you need or that I can assist with.

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Firstly a warm :welcome4:Kingsley.
I am pleased to see yo have found the two "oracles" who I am sure will help you find your way around your beautiful new to you van.
Enjoy the forum as well.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Ah, the same model as my 670. When I bought that one there were a few available in Germany, but recently they all seem to have gone. Should have kept me mouth shut :rolleyes:.
Rhine tour 039.JPG

?

Deleted User
Why does that same crap video keep getting posted?

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
John and Morag have just left our humble abode after kindly driving over for a chat.

It was great to meet them both and I do hope that some of my enthusiastic rambling was of use.

They have a really lovely RMB.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
We
Ah, the same model as my 670. When I bought that one there were a few available in Germany, but recently they all seem to have gone. Should have kept me mouth shut :rolleyes:.View attachment 98531
Well we are very glad you didn't. Our beautiful 750 Bluestar 'Rolling Home' is finally back in her new UK home and just waiting on the DVLA machinery to regurgitate a plate and we are off... In meantime I'm translating manuals like mad....

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Robin, what do you use for translating the manuals?

I have an app that I type the words / phrases / sentences / paragraphs into, but it's very long-winded and time consuming.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back