Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
ring road around Rouen, that takes some saying,

I've heard of a New route around Rouen? and onwards towards Le Mans, all motorway or duel carrageway? I havnt been that ways since 2005/6 ish . I aways went past the railways yards throught all the traffic light sand over the "COW" roudabout and up the hill. Is there an easier way now, as I'll be being followed by my son-in-law who is a newbie tow-er and never driven over there berfore,

I dont want to loose my invstment:ROFLMAO:

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We went Sept 08 but I'm sure someone will have been that way more lately. When we went we did the same route as you but at the cow r/bout there were roadworks with a carriageway being constructed.

freddie3

Free Member
May 16, 2009
Funster No
Hi I drove to Rouen from Dieppe in March and stayed overnight near the cow roundabout but did not see any other way although there are lot of roadworks in the town and this may be leading to something

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Saw this last year & in December went on this route - via the cow roundabout. :ROFLMAO:

Didn't find anyway of getting around Rouen but used the A28 to Tours & it was brilliant. I recon it saved me an hours driving although a tad expensive at €40 for the toll. :Eeek:

The map on that site also seems to suggest that you can get all the way to the South of Spain. There is still a section South of Salamanca not yet finished. :cry:

I would love to know from anyone who has found the way around Rouen. :winky:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Rouen Transit

Hi

Just Googled it (Maps) and there IS something going on but it looks as if it`s from the East side of Rouen?. Which I think is the A151 north to Dieppe so for those coming from Calais it involves a detour?

I did it outward in January and the best route is still down the tunnel off the A28 onto the D18 (D18E) Past the Mashalling yards.

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back