NEW? ring road around Rouen

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SC 05 OUT, May 17, 2009.

1. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

ring road around Rouen, that takes some saying,

I've heard of a New route around Rouen? and onwards towards Le Mans, all motorway or duel carrageway? I havnt been that ways since 2005/6 ish . I aways went past the railways yards throught all the traffic light sand over the "COW" roudabout and up the hill. Is there an easier way now, as I'll be being followed by my son-in-law who is a newbie tow-er and never driven over there berfore,

I dont want to loose my invstment:Rofl1:

2. Hopesy

Hopesy Read Only Funster

We went Sept 08 but I'm sure someone will have been that way more lately. When we went we did the same route as you but at the cow r/bout there were roadworks with a carriageway being constructed.

3. freddie3

freddie3 Read Only Funster

Hi I drove to Rouen from Dieppe in March and stayed overnight near the cow roundabout but did not see any other way although there are lot of roadworks in the town and this may be leading to something

4. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster

5. keith

keith Funster

Saw this last year & in December went on this route - via the cow roundabout. :Rofl1:

Didn't find anyway of getting around Rouen but used the A28 to Tours & it was brilliant. I recon it saved me an hours driving although a tad expensive at €40 for the toll. :Eeek:

The map on that site also seems to suggest that you can get all the way to the South of Spain. There is still a section South of Salamanca not yet finished. :cry:

I would love to know from anyone who has found the way around Rouen. :Wink:

6. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Rouen Transit

Hi

Just Googled it (Maps) and there IS something going on but it looks as if it`s from the East side of Rouen?. Which I think is the A151 north to Dieppe so for those coming from Calais it involves a detour?

I did it outward in January and the best route is still down the tunnel off the A28 onto the D18 (D18E) Past the Mashalling yards.

Pete

7. SC 05 OUT

SC 05 OUT Funster