New Remoska (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2009
Saltdean, Brighton
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
22 years
Popped in to Lakeland today and spotted the new style Remoska. Looked much improved with the standard model on sale for £149.99. Sorry did not note the price price of 'The Grand' but it is in stock. :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Popped in to Lakeland today and spotted the new style Remoska. Looked much improved with the standard model on sale for £149.99. Sorry did not note the price price of 'The Grand' but it is in stock. :thumb:

SWMBO has just had a look and they are £169.99.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our standard Remoska started tripping the electric at home. It was only 2 years old, but had been used intensively in the kitchen and in the van.

We took it back to the new Lakeland shop at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, yesterday. They were happy to provide £109.99 credit (the amount they said it cost 2 years ago), but that we'd need to pay an extra £40 to get a new one. We had a £5-off voucher, so that brought it down to £35 to pay.

We didn't really argue the point - the staff were very apologetic and we had the last one in the store, that had been on display. They re-packaged it in the original box.

It certainly looks smarter than the old one, and my wife used it yesterday evening and again at lunch time today. The power consumption has been reduced from 470 watts to 400 watts, but it's supposed to heat up more quickly. Certainly has worked well so far.

Unfortunately, the semi-circular divider from the original Remoska does not fit. :cry: Lakeland say they're working to produce a new one, so will have to wait and see.

Otherwise, all good. :thumb:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/18850/Standard-Remoska-Electric-Cooker

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We bought a new Grand Remoska a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how we ever managed without one.
We are thinking of getting the standard size for the van now too.

( it was £169)
Allan

Last edited:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
It's a hefty price, what makes them so good? Everyone raves over them but I'd need to be using it a lot for that money.

What do you cook in it? Would a halogeon cooker be the same?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We bought a new Grand Remoska a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how we ever managed without one.

( it was £169)
Allan

We have got the big one and the small one. Bought the big one for the van originally and then realised we would need a bigger van:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It's a hefty price, what makes them so good? Everyone raves over them but I'd need to be using it a lot for that money.

What do you cook in it? Would a halogeon cooker be the same?

a halogen cooker would do the job but the power consumption is around 1300watts...the grand remoska is 470watts.

The grand is big enough to cook a full chicken in around 1/2hr

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We've cooked...
Bacon and eggs
Curry
Chile
Casserole
Hot Pot
Biscuits
Rissotto
Dog Biscuits
Tomato ( pasta) sauce
Warmed bread rolls
Heated up ready meals
Chicken n rice
Savoury Rice
Fish
and Pizza
and we've only had it 2 weeks

We haven't used the oven since we bought it.

Allan

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We use the old style grand ramoska in the MH very useful bit of kit especially on hook up.

Like Alan done lots of different dishes and can cook for a crowd in it. Easy to clean, bit of a juggling act space wise though and long handle a nuisance.

Think they should somehow have got rid of the handle, hinged the lid and kept the glass window. The new leg stands look better though:Smile:

Has anyone tried hestons sage multi cooker ...probably not low voltage but wondered if it was less of a juggling act?

Tried Andrew James multi cooker at Christmas ...very good price..... Thought it would keep party food hot .....it claimed it had a variable thermostat ... It didn't....just burn and off! Took it back.:Angry:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We use the old style grand ramoska in the MH very useful bit of kit especially on hook up.

Like Alan done lots of different dishes and can cook for a crowd in it. Easy to clean, bit of a juggling act space wise though and long handle a nuisance.

Think they should somehow have got rid of the handle, hinged the lid and kept the glass window. The new leg stands look better though:Smile:

Has anyone tried hestons sage multi cooker ...probably not low voltage but wondered if it was less of a juggling act?

Tried Andrew James multi cooker at Christmas ...very good price..... Thought it would keep party food hot .....it claimed it had a variable thermostat ... It didn't....just burn and off! Took it back.:Angry:

Might be worth reading the reviews!

Broken Link Removed

There are quite a few of these on the market, cheaper too when they don't have a "chef's premium" on them!

There's also some that have a pressure cooker function as well.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
The reviews seem very mixed ..... Know what you mean about the chef price premium.

I think the Sage one will be a bit precious really ......looking at the instruction manual it doesn't look much of a work horse, having to sauté meat in small batches! at least the Remoska will cook a vast range of dishes, brilliant for Paella, you can put tins or dishes or egg pouching cups inside it or heat something up in a foil container.

IMO the new Remoska prices are far too high .... But bearing in mind that with lakeland if at any time your not happy you can get your money back!

I find one of best things to take in the MH are steam bags and soup and sauce bags from lakeland .....use them in freezer then in microwave, take such little space up and they are pretty cheap and save on the washing up too, though I re-use when I can, good for freezing leftovers too.

I note there is a current thread re the Halogen cooker ... Will have to look at that too! Has anyone had both for a true comparison?

And the double skillet !!! Is this electric?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
And the double skillet !!! Is this electric.

The double skillet is for use on gas stoves or burners. SWMBO loves her Remoska, no doubt she will be off to Lakeland to buy the latest model when we return to the UK. The Lakeland Lifetime Guarantee is not a gimmick, we spoke to a lady who took her 8 year old Remoska back to them when it developed a fault and it was replaced there and then without question.

Brisey.

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010

Have you looked at the Kolatron?

Very similar to the original Remoska but has the advantage of a removeable handle and an adjustable thermostat.

We use the Remoska in the house and because it has a removable handel we use the Kolatron in the van,

They both work well although I must admit that the bowl on the Kolatron is not as thick as the one on the Remoska, but then the Kolatron was a lot cheaper
::bigsmile:

Oooops! I've just checked the Koolatron and it seems I've made a slight error. It's the lead that is detachable and not the handle.

We bought ours from Amazon but it seems they are out of stock and do not know when they will be getting more in. It's a shame because they are a good bit of kit.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We bought the Czech Cooker from Amazon and to date are very pleased with it. Cooks whatever we put in it.......

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I note there is a current thread re the Halogen cooker ... Will have to look at that too! Has anyone had both for a true comparison?

And the double skillet !!! Is this electric?
We have a large Halogen oven which hubby loves to use at home and a double skillet for the camper - we wild camp so very rarely have electric hookup so don't take one away with us, otherwise hubby would want to take it too I'm sure!

The double skilled (DS) consists of 2 aluminium non-stick frying pans and a glass lid, the pans are usually joined together (there's a 'hook and eye' type connector) with the top one upside down so they form a void like an oven, but can also be used as separate pans, or stacked to cook one lot of food in the bottom pan and something else in the top, say meat below and veg above, or whatever you want. They come in 2 sizes, 8" and 10" I think, and have removable handles so storing them is a bit easier than a standard frying pan. They can be used on gas and electric rings (but not induction) so as well as our normal gas cooker, we have a single electric ring so we can use our 10" DS on that on the rare occasions that we have electric hook up. They aren't the cheapest of things but they do last, and being able to cook one lot of food in one pan above the other, not only saves precious space but gas/electric too. :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Tefal also do their own version of the Remoska too, but nothing like as expensive!

Broken Link Removed

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Does anybody know what the power rating on the Tefal Roast & Bake is? (ie How many watts). Thanks.

Mike

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
The tefal roast and bake is 650 watts per the littlewoods website, it does seem that remoska look - a- likes represent very good value for money.

Think I will stick with what I have for the time being seeing that i have it..... it is really versatile and you can get a lot in if you are cooking for 4, some of the others look so small....... i think my only moan is that it is a bit of a juggling act with the large handle, a hinged lid would solve all the shuffling problems.......the double skillet does sound good for off hook up use....so maybe........

Still wondering about Allan's recipe for Dog biscuits.....::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Remoska rules had ours for years and love it.
Cooks lovelly roast dinners and we can run it off the inverter.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Remoska rules had ours for years and love it.
Cooks lovelly roast dinners and we can run it off the inverter.

What size battery bank and inverter have you got?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Can`t see how anyone can compare the Remoska with a Halogen cooker.

We`ve Cook Chicken breasts in the Remoska putting them in a Tin Foil envelope first, saves on washing up and keeps all those yummy juices sealed around the Chicken whilst cooking.

As for the Halogen, well who wants to cook wearing a pair of welding goggles, that light is blinding, though handy if you want to top your tan up. :Cool:

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
A fine beast

( it was £169)
Allan

We bought the small one for van and home use and it is an absolute gem. I did toad in the hole the day we got it (I hate cooking with batter so it was a good test) and was very impressed. All the things we have experimented with in the last ten days have been a success, though the risotto was a bit odd.

We will use it in preference to the oven at home and away for most things.

Very highly recommended.

Dave

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
All the things we have experimented with in the last ten days have been a success, though the risotto was a bit odd.Dave

Do you follow the instructions in the recipe book, Dave, or do you make up your own?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back