New Remoska pan. Help/advice ,please (1 Viewer)

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
I've just got the new standard (ie small 2-4 people) Remoska from Lakeland and the new cook book which I'm going to take away in the MH.

-Can I use pyrex and metal cake tins in it?
_ low consumption (400 watts) will be good on 3 amp sites in Italy

BUT

- I am underwhelmed with the new recipe book.

The recipes use a lot of bacon, ham and pancetta ( to which I'm allergic ), seem to need the contents of my store cupboard( Balsamic vinegar, ready made polenta slices,nutmeg, cadomums,cloves mustard seeds,allspice etc) and offer dishes such as braised lettuce...

I do take away spices in mini snack boxes from the Pound shop but Dave already moans about how much stuff we take!!:Doh:
Some of the baking can only be done in the larger mode, tool.

Has anyone any tips and simple recipes I can make?
Lucille
Staging Lady

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Lucille, I have a standard remoska for the van and I absolutely love mine. It does the best jacket potatoes we have ever tasted. I ignored the recipe book altogether as it didn't offer recipes that we would like. You can put other pans/ dishes in it but if you do, then use a Teflon tray liner in the bottom of the remoska or you will ruin it,s non stick coating. I have cooked roast dinners in mine, simply by putting the prepped veg in the pan, giving them a quick spray with oil then put the lid on and let them cook. Turn the veg now and again as you would in an ordinary oven. About 25 mins from the end of cooking I added some chicken breast fillets wrapped in foil, on top of the veg . Put the lid back on and let it finish cooking.
If we are having jacket potatoes, I often do salmon steaks with them, and same principle applies. Put the salmon on some foil, sprinkle with a little salt and some mixed herbs . Close into a nice little parcel, add to pan with the jackets , put the lid on, and let them cook. I,ve also used it to heat up ready made pies and pasties etc. Not tried baking in mine, but a lot of people do. Just think of it as a mini oven, and experiment a bit.

Hope this helps a bit.

Pam, x x x

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have the old model, and have used it extensively with metal pans and pyrex dishes. I cut a piece of re-usable baking sheet to size, and place it in the pan whenever I am using pans and dishes in the Remoska to save the non stick finish. I bought the recipe book and have never used it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Hi Pam,
Super ideas and lovely food. I ask you- braised lettuce???? Who eats that apart from rabbits? Baked spuds sound good to me. I like the slow cooker but need a change.Must try it before we go to iron out any bugs. Are you getting over Brisey's celebrations:ROFLMAO::winky::winky:

Hi Geraldine, Thank you for the tip on the book some of the recipes seem not for us but you also need to take lots of ingredients so I'll just adapt my own I think:thumb:

Pamelaaar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2009
The Tropical Bar, Benidorm.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2003
We are just about getting over Brisey,s celebrations. We went to London on Saturday, had lunch out, then to the Palace Theatre to see the Commitments (brilliant show). Then for a meal afterwards, thank you Grasscutters!
Yesterday we went to Putney, had a nice meal out then went to The Half Moon pub to see Dr Feelgood. That was a late night, so we are chilling a bit today

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back