New Recall - Transit Mk 7 Oil Pump - Check Again Now! (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It was reported on here in October that there was a Ford Transit Mk 7 recall for oil pump failure & we checked ours on Etis & with Ford dealership on their system & ours wasn't listed but now it is! Luckily we were alerted by a phone call from our local dealership.
Please check with your VIN numbers here https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Ours is having a service at the same time so hopefully it will be cheaper as the cost (& hopefully labour) of the oil & oil filter being changed should already be covered by the recall so not all bad.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Mine wasn't originally listed but is now and is booked in soon to have this done ? I got a letter but definitely worth checking

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good to know it wasn't just us! Bit concerning that we have only just been told when the initial recall goes back to at least August last year & our engine has been at risk all this time :unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
A Funster on the original thread did mention that Citroen Relay & Peugeot Boxer 2.2 engines were affected so worth checking with your local Citroen dealer.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just checked ours on ETIS, no recall, it was built Nov 13.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
What year Transits please
Ours has a production date of September 2013 but worth checking with Etis & with local dealer on their system to be sure.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Ok mine is 2009 . When i rang the ford garage they reckoned they knew nothing about any recalls .
But if i gave them £100 they would put it on the laptop to check .......
Yeah Right .....

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ok mine is 2009 . When i rang the ford garage they reckoned they knew nothing about any recalls .
But if i gave them £100 they would put it on the laptop to check .......
Yeah Right .....
That's helpful of them :eek: Better to have a basic service & they check as part of that anyway as looking for the recalls/updates as they are paid for that work by Ford. All Ford dealerships are only franchises & seem to have their own "individual" ways of working & pricing. In our area huge difference in prices on parts - ranging from £120-£170 for a spare remote key! Have to shop around & negotiate on servicing costs too :(

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Ours booked in tommorow to be fixed I suspect the recall date is being phased in so they can cope

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just had our oil pump replaced this morning plus a reduced cost minor service :) all taking around 3 hours. Ours is FWD but understand that it is a much bigger job if RWD as the sub frame has to be dropped :(
Apparently the problem with these has been evident for the last 18 months with priority high mileage customers being notified first - AA, RAC, fleet & commercial. The bad news is that the pumps being replaced shatter into pieces so likely that a new engine would be necessary so essential to respond to the recall! If the oil pump is not replaced once notified then uncertain if Ford would foot the bill. Worth considering a Transit Centre for this job as they have had a lot of experience in replacing these. This is the new shiny one:

IMG_20151123_122550.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
As it seems very likely that this recall does also affect Citroen & Peugeot engines as they are all fitted with this pump I will post another recall thread so owners of these are at least alerted so they can check. Wouldn't like any Funsters to have this fail on their motorhomes & get stuck abroad waiting for a new engine...

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just been on another website and it worked OK and says no campaign messages found 2008 / 2.2L 140ps

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Have just seen on Facebook MCC that some are just starting to get recall letters for Transits so good to know.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I tried the link above, entered VIN and shows no recall. I thought because it is a Spanish reg van it would not bring up details, but it did.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
please forgive me if i'm being a little dense, having a bit of brain fog here at the moment, but do i contact citroen or ford if i have a citroen relay 2.2 converted panel van with the ford engine?
(the van was 3 years old when i bought it and then had converted, it's a 2010)

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
I also want to be forgiven for being dense, but I have a 2015 fiat ducatto, I was told by. Chelston motorhomes if I wanted the oil changed at 12 months it would cost me £179 ! I was stood at the front of my motorhome when I fell to the floor after being told this, so while I was there I thought I would look up under at the engine bay, and lo and behold an Iveco oil filter!! Who owns who nowadays ?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
please forgive me if i'm being a little dense, having a bit of brain fog here at the moment, but do i contact citroen or ford if i have a citroen relay 2.2 converted panel van with the ford engine?
As it is an engine issue then if the engine is Citroen then Citroen, if the engine is Ford then Ford - apologies if my posts are a bit confusing. Seems that some manufacturers use the same parts on their engines.
Apparently Ford have been quick to react on this one compared to other recalls (even though 18 months for ours!) but don't know for sure if Citroen & Peugeot are doing the same although they have the same type of oil pump fitted - our replacement one is marked as suitable for Ford, Citroen & Peugeot.
For anyone enquiring it might be worth asking if any known recalls on your type of engine even if none showing yet on their systems. Ours didn't show until now but clearly was a problem even when not noted on their system :( If we had known we would have pushed for it to be replaced sooner.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

Citroen

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I also want to be forgiven for being dense, but I have a 2015 fiat ducatto, I was told by. Chelston motorhomes if I wanted the oil changed at 12 months it would cost me £179 ! I was stood at the front of my motorhome when I fell to the floor after being told this, so while I was there I thought I would look up under at the engine bay, and lo and behold an Iveco oil filter!! Who owns who nowadays ?
Think parts cross over on different makes of engines - at least you won't have an oil pump like us?!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having had a quick search online it looks like Ford, Citroen & Peugeot have collaborated on engines since 1998 & still do so perhaps this is why the potential crossover with regards to the oil pump. Makes it seem more likely that Citroen & Peugeot engines could have the same oil pump issue...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Found this recall info. on the web (see below) posted in 2014 but please note that it has not been verified in any way but seems to echo what we do know:
"Not widely known but if you have a 2.2ford euro 5 engine in your mk7 transit or custom transit, also fitted to peugeot boxer and citroen relay and in landrover(not just defender as its fitted to freelander in certain countrys and evoque
icon1.png
)

Model/Variant Assembly Plant Affected Build Periods (inclusive dates)

Transit -- Kocaeli from 1/10/2011 to 4/10/2013
3S549 - Transit Puma Oil Pump

This Service Program is limited to only those vehicles that have been identified as high mileage usage / or with specific drive cycle conditions, within the build range shown below."

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

Model/Variant Assembly Plant Affected Build Periods (inclusive dates)

Transit -- Kocaeli from 1/10/2011 to 4/10/2013
3S549 - Transit Puma Oil Pump

This Service Program is limited to only those vehicles that have been identified as high mileage usage / or with specific drive cycle conditions, within the build range shown below."

That would tie in as to why ours is not listed for a recall, ours built in Nov 2013. But will still mention it when it goes in for it's service next April, won't be doing many miles before that.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That would tie in as to why ours is not listed for a recall, ours built in Nov 2013. But will still mention it when it goes in for it's service next April, won't be doing many miles before that.
Ours was built in August 2013 but have seen date extended up to December 2013 on other similar web info. Hopefully if affected you will get a letter from Ford or local dealership in the meantime. If so don't forget to ask for reduction in price on your service as oil, oil filter & labour for oil change should be covered by replacement oil pump recall work (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back