Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stardream 2011
Exp
4 years
I am thinking of buying a new radio on my Autocruise Peugeot Boxer 2011 based as the sound on the existing one is not up to much. Any advice from someone as to what would be best suited. I want something with a decent sound and able to connect to iphone etc. thanks for any suggestions...

OP
OP
I

iago84

Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Exp
4 years
thanks Brian,,, what did you say???? I know my ears are deteriorating but was also wandering whether the speakers on this boxer are any good also... I have a Honda FRV car and the sound is terrific.. so maybe that tells me that my worn out ears are still in existance... thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but was also wandering whether the speakers on this boxer are any good

Basically audio electronics have been sorted for years, you'll have similar chips inside them all. There are no savings to be made in downgrading the audio quality.

Speakers and speaker enclosures are a different matter. Much room to make or break good sound quality.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

iago84

Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Exp
4 years
thanks Peter, I thought as much....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

iago84

Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Exp
4 years
Some nice pics there Brian. I think the Italian Job beach scene is from near me Rossili, Swansea...!!!

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Although it sounds a bit naff but you could visit Halfords and try a range of speakers and radios to see if there could be a worthwhile improvement that is economical. They even do the fitting.

Alan

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I would look at speakers first, that will give most improvement for the smallest outlay.

Halfords stock a VERY limited range of speakers, they are cheap (around £20) and certainly an improvement over standard fit.

You can get mid budget Alpine for around £35 from ebay, £45 for a pretty good pair.

After that, you'd be looking at component speakers, can spend as much as you like but will have issues with fitting them and so on.

As for headunits, Halfords do stock some half decent kit and sensible prices (check online price -not instore).

Sony, Alpine, Pioneer all have some good units with Bluetooth, iphone compatible, usb input etc all for between £50-£100, so no need to spend a fortune...

Finally, will say that as great as the improvement is -
it's still not comparable to the quality of your average hatchback, but it is a van after all....

I swapped the Fiat cardboard speakers for these, it made a huge difference, even before changing the headunit
w-Alpine%20SPG13C2_01.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371023945698?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I also wanted Bluetooth/iphone/usb and bought this 'driveless' unit for £70.
Lots of functions, works great with iphone, can even use siri with it.

Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

iago84

Free Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Exp
4 years
I would look at speakers first, that will give most improvement for the smallest outlay.

Halfords stock a VERY limited range of speakers, they are cheap (around £20) and certainly an improvement over standard fit.

You can get mid budget Alpine for around £35 from ebay, £45 for a pretty good pair.

After that, you'd be looking at component speakers, can spend as much as you like but will have issues with fitting them and so on.

As for headunits, Halfords do stock some half decent kit and sensible prices (check online price -not instore).

Sony, Alpine, Pioneer all have some good units with Bluetooth, iphone compatible, usb input etc all for between £50-£100, so no need to spend a fortune...

Finally, will say that as great as the improvement is -
it's still not comparable to the quality of your average hatchback, but it is a van after all....

I swapped the Fiat cardboard speakers for these, it made a huge difference, even before changing the headunit
w-Alpine%20SPG13C2_01.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371023945698?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I also wanted Bluetooth/iphone/usb and bought this 'driveless' unit for £70.
Lots of functions, works great with iphone, can even use siri with it.

Broken Link Removed

Thanks Moho for the very comprehensive reply... and thank you to all the others for your help in trying to make me do the right decision. ... Have plenty here to chew over... thanks again all..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back