new purchase (1 Viewer)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
:helpsos: Hi to you all, We are going to the Manchester show on the 20-21th of Jan. We have decided on a Autotrail Dakkota or a Swift Voger 680. If any of you experienced motorhomers could give us any advice we would be gratfull. Thanks John and Carol.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've owned a couple of Auto Trails. A 1990 Pullman and a 2006 Arapaho. Both were great Motorhomes that gave us no problems at all.

Are you a first time buyer? Check out buyers guide in my signature, you should not buy a motorhome before you have read it:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We've owned a couple of Auto Trails. A 1990 Pullman and a 2006 Arapaho. Both were great Motorhomes that gave us no problems at all.
Are you a first time buyer? Check out buyers guide in my signature, you should not buy a motorhome before you have read it:thumb:
Just had a browse through the sponsored link, first time read looks to be an easy to understand informed read.
I sound a bit like Del Boys market stooge, but it looks to be a good read if you are buying.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and :welcomefunster: from deepest darkest Devon,, We were seriousley thinking of trading in our RV for a Autotrail Cheyanne 850S,,, and still might later this year.. :thumb:

What ever you decide on,,, enjoy it.. ::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and Welcome to Fun
Enjoy the show at manchester,If it was a first purchase into the world of motorhomes, not sure i would buy new though, i would look to buy one a couple of years old as they dont usually have many miles on the clock and are considerably less money

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:helpsos: Hi to you all, We are going to the Manchester show on the 20-21th of Jan. We have decided on a Autotrail Dakkota or a Swift Voger 680. If any of you experienced motorhomers could give us any advice we would be gratfull. Thanks John and Carol.

Have you checked what is in the show, in the past it's been poor for MHs, very much caravan based. It may have changed.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Have you checked what is in the show, in the past it's been poor for MHs, very much caravan based. It may have changed.

Good point Brian, oh a belated Happy New Year to you.

A bit too late for us Chris bought the tickets last Wednesday...doooh:Doh:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
One of the things I would take into consideration is the distance of the Motorhome Dealer you buy from and where you live, it can be a real pain to discover for little things you may have to make a 200 mile or so round trip.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
What you can get a feel for at a show is what layout you might like in a warm snow free place. We bought second hand both times as they have usually sorted out problems and have added extra "toys". Good point about dealer location.
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back