LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Don't know if this will be of interest to anyone but I have always wanted to build a high spec PC for myself and after building myself mediocre systems for a few years the time has come to build what I was really after in performance. Even though I am in my forties I have not grown up, and I am the first to admit it, proudly. I like to game on the PC and like first person shooters which are a great way to burn off any stress after a hard days work. So after much consideration this is what the set up will consist off:

Corsair full tower case: Broken Link Removed

Corsair 860W PSU: Amazon product ASIN B00AO0YRMI
Corsair 280mm PSU cooler: Amazon product ASIN B019955RNQ
ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/

Intel I7 6700K processor: Amazon product ASIN B010T6DQTQ
Corsair 64gb DDR4 3333Mhz LPX Memory: Amazon product ASIN B019X5VVFK
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive: Amazon product ASIN B01639694M
Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P73B1E4/?tag=mhf04-21

Kingston Hyper X Savage 960GB SSD: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W35L3K6/?tag=mhf04-21

2 x ASUS GTX1080 Graphic cards: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G92E9ZY/?tag=mhf04-21

First off the case is huge, a full size tower which is what is needed due to the size of the graphic cards which will be run in SLI. The motherboard has the latest intel Z170 chipset which combined with the 8 thread processor and extra PCIe channels which allows fitting an additional SSD drive using the ultra fast NVMe protocol. The plan just now is to use the M.2 SSD for the operating system and any heavy loading program to reduce boot up times. The Kingston Hyper SSD will be the main storage drive and the Samsung Evo will hold only games which average out at about 50GB per game. The Hyper X and the Samsung SSD will use the slower SATA 6GB/s connections but will be a lot faster than a mechanical hard drive with the option of swapping one of the drives onto a PCIe caddy if more speed is required. The graphic cards are super fast with each having 8GB of onboard RAM with an additional 64GB located on four DIMMS mounted onto the Motherboard so I am not expecting any memory based lag. The processor is the latest configuration of the I7 running with 4 cores rated out of the box at 4Ghz. The K in the 6700K means that the PSU can be overclocked giving 4.6GHz whilst maintaining stability, the memory also can be overclocked. I opted for a water cooler for the PSU running a 280mm radiator which will be mounted at the top fan location to aid PSU cooling. I am planning on using Windows 10 as the operating system and hopefully Microsoft will have a fix out soon for Windows 10 crashing when booted from a M.2 SSD drive, they have 6 weeks!!
Not all of the parts have arrived yet so will have to wait up to 6 weeks for everything to arrive so that I can build the system. If its of interest I can do a build thread to show you how a PC is put together and some benchmark tests once built. Brian.

OP
OP
Lorryman100

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
Novatech pricing on the I7 and DDR4 is not as competitive as Amazon. The case and mobo are coming from Germany, graphic cards from Gibraltar and SSD's from Jersey. All in saved about £300 on the build by shopping around for the best deals from accredited suppliers. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I really miss playing games on the pc, i used to be on it every night.. COD2 on pc, free map downloads.. Hundreds of them.. Hundreds of different servers to play on an all free, when i up graded my old pc the old games wouldn't play on the up dated pc which really pizzed me off, i now play on xbox and it just doesnt compare.. Its fkin crap compared to the pc and so is the games and maps.. What i would give to get a pc that would play them again

OP
OP
Lorryman100

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
I got one of the graphic cards today and have installed it in my current pc just for testing you understand. Currently loading COD, Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare and Ghosts just to see how the new card handles all the settings maxed out. :) (pig in muck for the rest of the night) :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back