New Motorway Speed Cameras? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Clearly this wont bother the asian guy I saw open his boot in a petrol station in Dudley, and revealed a pile of number plates. He will just put on another set!!!

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
It is all too late. What should have happened is the first 100 people who got a gatso fine should have gone for their day in court. They should have taken with them a radar expert and a photography expert who could have introduced reasonable doubt into the speed camera system very easily. After that, speed camera enforcement would have been so expensive that no government in the world would have sanctioned their use and another answer would have to be found quite possibly addressing the real issues instead of constantly harping on about speed.

The fact is our roads are crammed with bad bad drivers, many of whom don't even realise they are bad drivers. Until that is dealt with, speed is the easy target and will be the focus of most enforcement. it doesn't actually do anything about the number of accidents on the road but hey the people see something being done about it.

BTW.. speed doesn't kill. Speed makes bad drivers kill. My view is that every RTC should result in a prosecution.. there should be no more tolerance for 'i need it for my job gov' and the police should be targeting bad driving every time they see it rather than ignoring it as they do now. This will only happen if there are stricter harsher penalties for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It is all too late. What should have happened is the first 100 people who got a gatso fine should have gone for their day in court. They should have taken with them a radar expert and a photography expert who could have introduced reasonable doubt into the speed camera system very easily. After that, speed camera enforcement would have been so expensive that no government in the world would have sanctioned their use and another answer would have to be found quite possibly addressing the real issues instead of constantly harping on about speed.

The fact is our roads are crammed with bad bad drivers, many of whom don't even realise they are bad drivers. Until that is dealt with, speed is the easy target and will be the focus of most enforcement. it doesn't actually do anything about the number of accidents on the road but hey the people see something being done about it.

BTW.. speed doesn't kill. Speed makes bad drivers kill. My view is that every RTC should result in a prosecution.. there should be no more tolerance for 'i need it for my job gov' and the police should be targeting bad driving every time they see it rather than ignoring it as they do now. This will only happen if there are stricter harsher penalties for it.

Your first paragraph, & said operation of the equipment ,indicates why your last paragraph wouldn't work.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Radar is gradually being replaced by time and distance, the latest device on this site, which seems the simplest and most up to date guide I could find, is this one .... http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/speedspike-speed-camera.htm

honestly I prefer average speed cameras of any type over the gatso or mobile van type because they penalise a consistent disregard for the limit rather than a possible one off infringement.

Having said that, I stick to my view that there are many worse things on our roads than speed... twice in the past week I have been sworn at for failing to yield when a car has attempted to ignore a give way for example... once in a huge great white van and once in a mondeo

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
skellington.jpg

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
honestly I prefer average speed cameras of any type over the gatso or mobile van type because they penalise a consistent disregard for the limit rather than a possible one off infringement.

Having said that, I stick to my view that there are many worse things on our roads than speed... twice in the past week I have been sworn at for failing to yield when a car has attempted to ignore a give way for example... once in a huge great white van and once in a mondeo
Interestingly, although the speed limit obedience is much greater in an average speed camera trap, the number of accidents is actually higher than if no cameras were installed.
I strongly object to speed cameras, and before anyone accuses me of being a boy racer, I always stick to the limit, and have no points on my licence. They do not make the roads safer, just slower, and no the two are not related.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Speed cameras are unable to detect careless, reckless, drunk & drug drivers who cause far more accidents. More speed cameras = less police on traffic duty Because its more economical simple.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back