new motorhomers waiting for motorhome (1 Viewer)

elliot kp

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
gibraltar
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
one year
hi all,
we are a couple both 60 wife still works yours truly a man of leisure, liive in gibraltar so have a access to practically anywhere round andalucia in spain for weekend trips and further afield for longer duration trips. we went to the dusseldorf caravan salon show in october in our demountable on our mitsubishi l200 pick up and traded the demountable for a ci elliot easy garage kp motorhome. the pick up is now for sale and we dont pick up our new motorhome till march. this will be our first experience at owning a proper motorhome with all luxuries and prenty of room to move about. (a demountable at our age was getting a bit too restrictive as we now give home comforts a priority.) will be browsing this site regularly for advice. previous camping experience was under canvas for many years when the children were young and then in a 13 year old hobby prestige touring caravan which we kept in a camping site at conil where we made the acquantance of several ex pats wintering in spain. will keep you posted on our trip to germany to collect our new toy.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, hope the time doesnt pass too slowly while you wait to be able to pick up and enjoy your new toy

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
:welcome: elliot kp Welcome to MH Fun

Glad to have you join us, this is gonna be the longest wait of your life, Know ours was and has been every time we have changed vans.

Still use time wisely and plan plenty af trips.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Molls-Phot

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
Lee-on-Solent
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 340
Exp
Since November 2009
Been to Gib many times. How on earth are you going to get a MH around those narrow streets!

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Ah Gibraltar memories of those somewhat restricted roads,I was posted there in 83-85 with 1 DWR and believe it or not I taught a lot of soldiers to drive out there
Soldiers from 1 DWR,Gibraltar Regt,and a few from HMS Rooke and RAF North Front in all over the 2 years I was there I think I taught round about 250 service personnel to drive
Memories of Moorish Castle the Caleta Palace and driving round what can only be termed the biggest Scalextric track in the world and trying to get past Government House without hitting the wall on the narrow bit

I understand it's changed somewhat over the 25 or so years since we left,thats where the regiment won The Wilkinson Sword of Peace for the work we did round Moorish castle from what I hear it's back to what is was before..a bit of an eyesore!!

Happy Days long gone!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
E

elliot kp

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
gibraltar
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
one year
hi guys,

thanks for the warm welcome,

yes it is going to be a long wait, but thats partly my fault since the van could have been ready at the end of october but i declined on the premise that i still had to drive back to gib (end of september early october ) put the pick up up for sale followed by xmas and snow in northern germany near bremen from where we have to pick up the m/h, so in the spur of the moment i said march 2010, hoping i would be able arrange to collect it earlier if need be. however german efficiency dictates it is not to be till march the date i quoted at the show and that is that !
yes the roads in gib are still narrow fortunately, the scaleextric has been expanded and we can now drive into spain, where i intend to keep the m/h in a secure parking and coming into gib occasionally to refuel ( cheaper than in spain) . in fact it is easier for a visitor to enter gib in their motorhome than for a resident. for residents a motorhome is a prohibited import and you need to acquire a special permit from customs in order to enter gib temporarily or permanently if you have a private parking
place in gib in which to keep the motorhome.
will keep you posted and no doubt be asking lots of questions

dennis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back