Dec 30, 2011
milton keynes
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im am new
:thumb:Hi all
the present wife ( blessed be her name } and i are thinking of buying a new motorhome now that i have been put out to grass !
we sorry she cant make our minds up as to which one to buy
it is either a bailey approach 740 or a bessacar e572 have any of you great people got an idea as to which is the best for our first motorhome ?
we have been caravaners for the past 20years but we have never looked at motorhomes before
any advice would be great
thanks in advance
teecee

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
:thumb:Hi all
the present wife ( blessed be her name } and i are thinking of buying a new motorhome now that i have been put out to grass !
we sorry she cant make our minds up as to which one to buy
it is either a bailey approach 740 or a bessacar e572 have any of you great people got an idea as to which is the best for our first motorhome ?
we have been caravaners for the past 20years but we have never looked at motorhomes before
any advice would be great
thanks in advance
teecee

:welcomefunster:
Two nice vans, which layout? I would go for the Bessy if it is the twin single bed arrangement as it would suit us better. Nothing between them regards quality and not much difference in price. I like the central galley in both of them.

Go and sit in them both, pretend you're making tea, cooking, sleeping, sit on the loo, do your feet fit.

Do everything (almost) that you imagine yourself doing, you'll prefer one or the other and it's fun looking..........best of luck ...Griff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Make sure you look around before making any decision or you may spend lots of silly money.

Go back to look at the ones you like most - take your time and good luck

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Lots of folks on this site in the past have recommended not going in the deep end first time for a brand new van, the concensus is it takes 2 to 3 vans before you find YOUR ideal layout, buy second hand or previously loved until you know what suits you. I bought brand new and my only criteria was under 6 mtrs, I thought to get reduced ferry crossings, I now wish I had gone another 1/2 metre to give me extra lounge area:Doh:

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Lots of folks on this site in the past have recommended not going in the deep end first time for a brand new van, the concensus is it takes 2 to 3 vans before you find YOUR ideal layout, buy second hand or previously loved until you know what suits you. I bought brand new and my only criteria was under 6 mtrs, I thought to get reduced ferry crossings, I now wish I had gone another 1/2 metre to give me extra lounge area:Doh:
Tony, spot on, we too bought a 120 from new in 2008, reg in 2009. We wanted the rear lounge area and a parkable sized unit. We looked at hundreds of MH's used and new and for the money the 120 won hands down but that extra 1/2 metre would be great to stretch out on. Were coming up to 3 years useage (30,000 miles) no issues yet, yours still ok ?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We had the avantgard 120 and lived in it for a year but always wanted the slightly longer one for a small dinette up front which is the one we now have, the downside is we cannot park this one in one space in the car parks but we dont really pay any more on the tunnel, haven't seen a lot of difference on the ferry either.
Ours is a 7 mt van and the extra space, rear lounge 2 singles or king size bed is our van of choice but trying to find a winterised van with the same layout is proving difficult.
We have frozen up even though we have tank heaters, the dealer said that we would be ok as the tank heaters would keep us ok but don't believe them.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Best advice I can give is go look at both vans and spend time setting up beds sitting in loo/shower, imagine cooking/washing up etc,then test drive each :thumb:you should have a good idea then.:thumb:Once you have made your mind up look at others ::bigsmile:
terry

Enjoy_Yourself

Free Member
Jul 1, 2010
Pontypool, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I really would recommend going for an older van for the first one. Chances are you will either wish you had never bought one, or more likely, wish you had bought another layout. Either way you are going to lose big time if you buy new and have to trade in.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Only you can answer the question...the thing to do is list your requirements..ie

layout..U shape lounge or dinette
Fixed bed..
Lo profile...Overcab bed
Front lounge..
etc etc etc....The list is endless..have a good look round dealers shows..everyone you ask will have a differing word..
Most of all have fun looking...

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Tony, spot on, we too bought a 120 from new in 2008, reg in 2009. We wanted the rear lounge area and a parkable sized unit. We looked at hundreds of MH's used and new and for the money the 120 won hands down but that extra 1/2 metre would be great to stretch out on. Were coming up to 3 years useage (30,000 miles) no issues yet, yours still ok ?

Hi Motorhomewave
Yes the 140 model would have been the Mutts Nuts because apart from that extra lounge length it is identical in every way to the 120 and I'm more than pleased with that, I had a few teething problems,nothing serious but they were quickly rectified by the supplier. Mine had the modifications already fitted re the water ingress into the engine bay that seemed to be a problem on earlier versions and at the end of the day, driving carefully 50-55mph I can quite easily get 35 to the gallon. :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back