New motorhome - what else do i need to do (2 Viewers)

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
Picked up our new Chausson Best of 10 from dealers in Newcastle a couple of weeks ago. Really good handover but they had forgotten to fit the awning which was part of the deal, however they took it to the workshop and fitted it straight away while we waited. We managed to resist opening the presentation case of wine and glasses while waiting but it didn't last long when we got back to Scotland. Very happy with the dealers.
There are a couple of strange bits on this compared to our last motorhome, such as no awning light, its an extra.
Although there is an aerial socket on the panel for the TV there is no point plugging into it as there is no aerial fitted.
The rear panel has mouldings for reversing sensors and although the book says it is prewired for them, none are fitted.
However there were some things we didn't expect such as a set of insulated screens for the cab windows, a wired up towing socket cable tied into the rear chassis and a fire extinguisher. Ours also has a smoke alarm.

Overall very happy with it and have had a week away so getting it to suit us now. Spent today fitting a rear view camera so that's another job ticked off.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Hope you have a fantastic time in your new best of 10. I think there is going to be quite a few around as they seem really popular.

Didn't know about the awning light, oh well I assume we can get that fitted :Smile:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Same spec as ours I think the 510 gets an awning light and speakers for the radio in the habitation area.Didnt get the wine though just a bunch of flowers!!

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Although there is an aerial socket on the panel for the TV there is no point plugging into it as there is no aerial fitted.

You might find the other end in the wardrobe which is the usual place to fit a proper directional aerial and it's control stick, should be 12V for the amp too.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When we got our Flash 04 it didn't have an awning light either, so we bought one in the shop! It didn't have an aerial but we negotiated that as part of the deal as they didn't fancy me removing the one from our Rimor (through the roof jobbie) and putting on a sealing cap (which you can buy specifically for this purpose) ... but it meant we got an aerial fitted FOC and saved me a job!!!:thumb:

Why not give them a ring and say you want to buy an awning light and see if they'll fit it for you FOC ... worth a try! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Apr 30, 2014
Fife
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Minx

Too late, already paid to get the awning light fitted.

Hi Brian

Removed the panel behind the aerial socket and it is connected to fresh air so it must be different from yours.

Hi Martin

Have attempted to pm you but don't know if it was successful as I am a newbie on here. If you don't get it I can reply to you on here.

As these Chaussons appear to be quite popular I look forward to meeting other owners if our paths cross on some campsite.

Duncan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back