Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 679
Exp
Since Oct 2016
You may have seen my thread about my lovely brand new motorhome.
Well I went out today to move it to give it a clean and a good polish ready for our first trip out this weekend. When I looked where it had been parked since we brought it home there was a puddle of oil left on the drive.
So I looked under the engine to find oil dripping. After a whopping 135 miles on the clock I was by no means a happy bunny.
So I flicked through the manual to find the nearest Fiat warranty dealer. Most of which were truck centres which I didn't relish the thought of a 20 stone grease monkey who had just been crawling round under a dustcart sitting in my brand new Captains seat in his oily overalls.
So after a bit of looking through the different dealers I came across Marquis in Northamptonshire. So gave them a ring and there warranty department wasn't in today, which I couldn't really understand.
Next I thought I'd call Fiat assist and see if they could get me sorted any quicker. To my amazement they sent out the RAC out to tell me I had an oil leak. Thanks guys.
He did narrow it down to a rear diff seal and said he would send in a report. But it's still my job to get it booked in still which I really don't think is right. Fiat should be arranging this I think. So I'm going to see if Marquis get back to me in the morning like they said they would but I will believe it when I get the call. Just thought I'd create a thread as I'm still in a bit of shock really about all this. I wouldn't expect it from a new van.
Update to follow. :cry::cry::mad:

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Thats a crap end to that mess for you.

Your collection day was basically a load of stress and hassle and a dirty van! Id be having serious words about that.

But. Get it washed. And get out in it and all that stress will melt away.

I got mine washed for the first time last week at a local hand car wash that do motorhomes. Took about 45mins for a good exterior wash and leather and all the door shuts etc. They did a really nice job I was so glad I did not do it as its bigger than it looks with the over cab bet etc. Cost £15 which was very fair I thought.

Come on get booked in somewhere and lets see a post about that first night :xThumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dub Dog

Dub Dog

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 679
Exp
Since Oct 2016
Thats a crap end to that mess for you.

Your collection day was basically a load of stress and hassle and a dirty van! Id be having serious words about that.

But. Get it washed. And get out in it and all that stress will melt away.

I got mine washed for the first time last week at a local hand car wash that do motorhomes. Took about 45mins for a good exterior wash and leather and all the door shuts etc. They did a really nice job I was so glad I did not do it as its bigger than it looks with the over cab bet etc. Cost £15 which was very fair I thought.

Come on get booked in somewhere and lets see a post about that first night :xThumb:
Thanks David. Bargain that valet. They charge me a score just to wash my T5. Watch out for the write up. Looking to get away in between xmas and new year.
Happy Christmas :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dub Dog

Dub Dog

Free Member
Oct 17, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 679
Exp
Since Oct 2016
Hopefully it will all look good tomorrow and I hope you get a trip out in her very soon. dont let all this put you off , it really is a lovely relaxing lifestyle ..... Usually!!!
Thanks Anthea. It seems these things are sent to try us. And they sure do. On and upwards I say. Merry Christmas :xdoh:

Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Glad you finally have it back at home and can start to enjoy it. The 669 is a superb motorhome and I am sure will be the foundation for you making some amazing memories, I know ours has.

I know it doesn't help but our experience with our local Fiat dealer (HTC in Theale, Berkshire) is the complete opposite of yours, they couldn't be more helpful. Perhaps your Swift dealer could recommend a good Fiat dealer for future use. I am not sure whereabouts you are in Bedfordshire but I am certain TH White at Swindon, or HTC at Theale would look after you professionally, it may be worth travelling a little extra distance to access good service.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back