new motorhome couple

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by new motorhome couple, Feb 23, 2013.

1. new motorhome couple

new motorhome couple Read Only Funster

Hi, we are new to the motorhome lifestyle, and trying to work out south of France or Costa Del Sol , as newbies we need to know where offers the best sites, best locations and choices.
    South of France is abouth £1000 cheaper to get to, but where is best !!:help:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Both the same.

But at different times of the year.

3. jennyp19

jennyp19 Read Only Funster

I may be wrong, but I don't think it's that big a difference in cost of travel to Spain.

4. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

:welcome: to the FUN :thumb:

5. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to Fun, it depends what part of the year you plan to go, in the Spring /Summer for me France has everything covered.

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

:party2::welcome::party2:

For me South (West) of France:thumb:

7. CarolynandMike

CarolynandMike Read Only Funster

Its all a matter of what you prefer and time of year as others have already said.

We like both. There aren't vast differences in costs - we take the ferry to/from Santander in the winter time, but would travel through France when the weather is good. By the time you've factored in fuel costs/any tolls/wear and tear/overnight stops, it all works out much of a muchness. Costs also depend very much on the time of year.

No need to go as far as the Costa del Sol anyway if you want to go to Spain - there are plenty of other Spanish costas to explore without going the full length of the country.

We are currently wintering in the Costa Blanca. If you're looking for sun, I would only do France between May and September. Also many campsites in France do not open before April and close in September. Don't forget that both the south of France and Spain can be unbearably hot in July and August.

Start choosing where to go by deciding when you want to go and what you like doing.

:Smile:

8. new motorhome couple

new motorhome couple Read Only Funster

only if we travel by ferry to bilbao £1200 ferry as to £200 for the dover crossing