new motorhome couple

Free Member
Feb 23, 2013
west wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi, we are new to the motorhome lifestyle, and trying to work out south of France or Costa Del Sol , as newbies we need to know where offers the best sites, best locations and choices.
South of France is abouth £1000 cheaper to get to, but where is best !!:help:

jennyp19

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
about 10 yrs
I may be wrong, but I don't think it's that big a difference in cost of travel to Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, it depends what part of the year you plan to go, in the Spring /Summer for me France has everything covered.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
:party2::welcome::party2:

For me South (West) of France:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Its all a matter of what you prefer and time of year as others have already said.

We like both. There aren't vast differences in costs - we take the ferry to/from Santander in the winter time, but would travel through France when the weather is good. By the time you've factored in fuel costs/any tolls/wear and tear/overnight stops, it all works out much of a muchness. Costs also depend very much on the time of year.

No need to go as far as the Costa del Sol anyway if you want to go to Spain - there are plenty of other Spanish costas to explore without going the full length of the country.

We are currently wintering in the Costa Blanca. If you're looking for sun, I would only do France between May and September. Also many campsites in France do not open before April and close in September. Don't forget that both the south of France and Spain can be unbearably hot in July and August.

Start choosing where to go by deciding when you want to go and what you like doing.

:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back