New models 2017, NEC show, what’s the chances? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
The plan was simple, or so I thought … short-list the PVC’s that match my criteria, view as many as possible before the show, see any stragglers at the NEC, short list 2 or 3 and see who offers the best deal, order one, pick it up in March for the new season. (y)

OK seven PVC’s identified, so far so good. Number visited three. It’s heading towards new model time of year and, being honest, the market for 5.5m vans is small so not many showrooms carry them. I had to travel hundreds of miles just to see those three. :(

Now I find out that one of the three has been dropped for next year and one of the remaining two has been updated (details not yet available). It turns out most of the manufacturers have updated the specifications/designs for 2017 so most of my research is pretty pointless :cry:

Ok, but I can still see them all at the NEC right? Well No actually. At least one of them won’t be released until January. At least one of the manufacturers (Knaus) doesn’t appear to be taking motor homes there this year. Of the others, some of the stands look quite small and what’s the betting they won’t bother to take 5.5m vans with them? Sigh. (n)

There’s always the dealers I hear you say … Lowdhams appear to have 3 big stands. Yes but Lowdhams are a main dealer for at least ELEVEN manufacturers. Given that each manufacturer has 30+ models, what’s the odds on them having the 4 that I want to see? :unsure:

Beginning to feel a bit disheartened, should it really be this difficult? :eek:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Why not go to the dusseldorf show end Aug, beginning Sept. They have models there that we never see in UK and can be ordered as rhd.

Upvote 0

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It should be easier but the UK market is such a small one compared to mainland Europe. Suggest contacting the dealers of the models that you are interested in to see what they will have in for the NEC Show - if they have enough interest from potential buyers then more chance of seeing what might suit you.
We would like to see the new Globecars with the swing across shower bathroom but none destined for the UK market yet :( Models like Summit 600 & 640 or Globescout 640DK with separate shower & toilet http://www.globecar.de/modelle/

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Why not go to the dusseldorf show end Aug, beginning Sept. They have models there that we never see in UK and can be ordered as rhd.

I like your thinking (y) sadly I am not in a position to 'up sticks' and nip to Düsseldorf in the next 4 days.:( it's UK only for me just now and I need to keep to a tight budget.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It should be easier but the UK market is such a small one compared to mainland Europe. Suggest contacting the dealers of the models that you are interested in to see what they will have in for the NEC Show - if they have enough interest from potential buyers then more chance of seeing what might suit you.
We would like to see the new Globecars with the swing across shower bathroom but none destined for the UK market yet :( Models like Summit 600 & 640 or Globescout 640DK with separate shower & toilet http://www.globecar.de/modelle/

Thanks, I might try to email some (y) I doubt that it will make much difference to their plans but it might help me plan my day better if I know they have or haven't brought one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
sorry if my comment wasn't clear.my comment was in response to the post about globecar models which are available on the continent but don't appear to be coming to the UK at the moment (summit 600/640 & Globescout 640DK) according to an earlier post :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
sorry if my comment wasn't clear.my comment was in response to the post about globecar models which are available on the continent but don't appear to be coming to the UK at the moment (summit 600/640 & Globescout 640DK) according to an earlier post :)

No problem, but the quote wasn't one of mine ;)

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
We are just back from the DD show - a whole hall dedicated to vans apart from those on manufacturers stands. We are looking for an A class LHD and the boss found a Rapido she liked which is not even coming into the UK.
Well worth looking at importing and using mobile.de to look for your van.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back