New models 2017, NEC show, what’s the chances?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Vanman, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Vanman

Vanman Funster

The plan was simple, or so I thought … short-list the PVC’s that match my criteria, view as many as possible before the show, see any stragglers at the NEC, short list 2 or 3 and see who offers the best deal, order one, pick it up in March for the new season. (y)

OK seven PVC’s identified, so far so good. Number visited three. It’s heading towards new model time of year and, being honest, the market for 5.5m vans is small so not many showrooms carry them. I had to travel hundreds of miles just to see those three. :(

Now I find out that one of the three has been dropped for next year and one of the remaining two has been updated (details not yet available). It turns out most of the manufacturers have updated the specifications/designs for 2017 so most of my research is pretty pointless :cry:

Ok, but I can still see them all at the NEC right? Well No actually. At least one of them won’t be released until January. At least one of the manufacturers (Knaus) doesn’t appear to be taking motor homes there this year. Of the others, some of the stands look quite small and what’s the betting they won’t bother to take 5.5m vans with them? Sigh. (n)

There’s always the dealers I hear you say … Lowdhams appear to have 3 big stands. Yes but Lowdhams are a main dealer for at least ELEVEN manufacturers. Given that each manufacturer has 30+ models, what’s the odds on them having the 4 that I want to see? :unsure:

Beginning to feel a bit disheartened, should it really be this difficult? :eek:

2. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Why not go to the dusseldorf show end Aug, beginning Sept. They have models there that we never see in UK and can be ordered as rhd.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

4. Wombles

Wombles Funster

It should be easier but the UK market is such a small one compared to mainland Europe. Suggest contacting the dealers of the models that you are interested in to see what they will have in for the NEC Show - if they have enough interest from potential buyers then more chance of seeing what might suit you.
    We would like to see the new Globecars with the swing across shower bathroom but none destined for the UK market yet :( Models like Summit 600 & 640 or Globescout 640DK with separate shower & toilet http://www.globecar.de/modelle/

5. Vanman

Vanman Funster

I like your thinking (y) sadly I am not in a position to 'up sticks' and nip to Düsseldorf in the next 4 days.:( it's UK only for me just now and I need to keep to a tight budget.

6. Vanman

Vanman Funster

Thanks, I might try to email some (y) I doubt that it will make much difference to their plans but it might help me plan my day better if I know they have or haven't brought one.

7. gerry mcg

gerry mcg Funster

can you not just order a UK spec RHD from a German dealer? That is what we are doing with our Globecar 600L revolution (and saving 20%) https://www.duemo-duelmen.de/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Vanman

Vanman Funster

Whilst that may work once you've decided what you want, it doesn't help so much if you want to see an example of the van before you commit to buying it.

9. gerry mcg

gerry mcg Funster

sorry if my comment wasn't clear.my comment was in response to the post about globecar models which are available on the continent but don't appear to be coming to the UK at the moment (summit 600/640 & Globescout 640DK) according to an earlier post :)

10. Vanman

Vanman Funster

No problem, but the quote wasn't one of mine ;)

11. BMStewart2004

BMStewart2004 Funster

We are just back from the DD show - a whole hall dedicated to vans apart from those on manufacturers stands. We are looking for an A class LHD and the boss found a Rapido she liked which is not even coming into the UK.
    Well worth looking at importing and using mobile.de to look for your van.