New members badges

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Don Quixote, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Having just read a thread about a new member attending his first rally and it not going to plan, I thought this might be a good idea for MHF.
    The badge we all wear ( or should do ) is yellow with our name or user name on it. What about new members wearing a yellow/blue badge for the first meet so experienced MHF members can see right away that they are new to the rally game. This system works in industry ( hard hats colour code ) so why not try it.
    I think this would make more attend who are to shy or those worried about being left out. Your thoughts?

• Like Like x 6
  2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Thinking more about this. On the rally forms can a line be added to ask if this is a members 1/2/3 time attending as I think after the third time their badges can be all yellow. This is NOT a "puppy walking" exercise, people are feeling left out here, so please no silly comments.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

4. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

I expected better from you sir.

5. houdini

houdini Funster

That's a nice thought @Don Quixote. We haven't been to a rally yet and I think that would make meeting people a bit easier if you're a bit reserved. If you didn't want to do it, you could just go for the full yellow badge from the start, your choice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

a bit of my dry humour john nothing meant by it :whistle2:

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheWM

TheWM Read Only Funster

I think this could work, but also - if all people attending made a point of saying hello and introducing themselves to a new person, that would also go a long way and is more informal (that is what I try and do anyhows at other events)

• Like Like x 1
  8. ciderman

ciderman Funster

On our first rally, about 4 years, ago we were given our name badges and a blue sticker was put on to indicate we were 'Newbies'.

I thought this was a great idea and worked well. Everyone we spoke to then introduced us to the next people and so it went on.

Maria & Andy

• Like Like x 5
  9. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

When Sundowners and ourselves did the rallies, we put a little round sticker on the badge of newbies, that worked but then I did try and park a newbie next to another and most of the time got on better, I think some might have ended up alcoholics. :LOL:
    Bob and Janie.

• Like Like x 6
  10. The Wino

The Wino Funster

We were not given/offered badges (not that I was desperate for one!!!) at our meets been to 3 now all to go to the event in question rather that to go to "a meet". I did not feel particularly included or excluded but as we work on Saturday mornings I get the feeling that it's a bit like being a student who misses the start of freshers week and find everyone else has palled up. I do think it depends on the type of person you are and what interests you .

• Like Like x 2