Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi campers, my name is Mick Hagan. I am 61 and a Yorkshireman living in Brechin, Scotland. I am a retired telephone engineer, storekeeper, joiner. I am married to June who is from Aberdeen. I have a daughter and three grandkids. June has two boys aged 15 and 17. I like a pint and a few rums but got to be careful with the ale as am type 2 diabetic. I have just bought a Swift Royale 540, 'N' reg 2.5tdi. I am having trouble with the fridge and fire. Fridge does not work in any format. I am just in the process of pulling it out of the van and taking it to get tested. Must admit, having trouble navigating this site, it's not as straight forward as it looks. Will get used to it eventually I suppose.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to fun, to get a better idea of navigating the sight take a bit of time looking at the help vidios Jim has put on should help.

As regard any one specific question make the title of the thread for eg Problem with fridge, then people will know what your query is.

Good luck with sorting the problem out. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi Mick and welcome to fun ,just play with things for a while you will soon get used to it .If there is something you cannot find just ask on the forum and someone will put you right.Enjoy.lol

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Hi Mick, but shhh! nobody admits to coming from Brechin. You know it, or have passed by, even heard of it perhaps, maybe know of someone else from there, but never admit. :winky:

I came from Laurencekirk (long time ago) but luckily nobody has ever heard of it so I can tell any sort of story about it and it is never questioned. :ROFLMAO:

You will find a lot of useful contributors on this site, Have Fun.

OP
OP
M

Mick James

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Brechin
Funster No
MH
Swift royale 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
:)

Hi Mick, but shhh! nobody admits to coming from Brechin. You know it, or have passed by, even heard of it perhaps, maybe know of someone else from there, but never admit. :winky:

I came from Laurencekirk (long time ago) but luckily nobody has ever heard of it so I can tell any sort of story about it and it is never questioned. :ROFLMAO:

You will find a lot of useful contributors on this site, Have Fun.

I lived in Auchenblae for a year before moving to Brechin.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Welcome Mick and family.
You will find answers to problems you didn`t even know you had, on here. Plus some pretty dodgy advice as well!
Good luck with the type 2.
Don`t fall into the trap of underestimating it. I`m also type 2, but take insulin. :Eeek::thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
A warm welcome to you both, hope you have many happy hours touring the site, then many happy days/weeks/months touring with funsters!

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi campers, my name is Mick Hagan. I am 61 and a Yorkshireman living in Brechin, Scotland. I am a retired telephone engineer, storekeeper, joiner. I am married to June who is from Aberdeen. I have a daughter and three grandkids. June has two boys aged 15 and 17. I like a pint and a few rums but got to be careful with the ale as am type 2 diabetic. I have just bought a Swift Royale 540, 'N' reg 2.5tdi. I am having trouble with the fridge and fire. Fridge does not work in any format. I am just in the process of pulling it out of the van and taking it to get tested. Must admit, having trouble navigating this site, it's not as straight forward as it looks. Will get used to it eventually I suppose.

before you take the fridge anywhere

do try tipping it first

stand it on a level surface ti/roll towards the burner
then to the top then to the side then stand upright again
this stirs the fluids up and moves any sediment that
has ocured
then wire it up see if that worked the try it
on twelve volt if it works bingo its a worker

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome to you both:welcomefunster:

We're a bit further down from you, in Dumfries & Galloway:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
Hi Mick
Welcome to the funsters, enjoy the site, Ps, newbie myself & still getting use to it.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975

Hi Mick and June and welcome to the fun forum. If down in Dundee drop in for a chat,
msg via the forum.
cheers
Tom & Jen :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back