Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all. I have just joined.

Used to caravan when the kids were young. We are now fast approaching "that" age and are looking to get away a lot more to places in the UK and Europe that we have never visited. So we are going to buy a motorhome.

Started by looking at A classes, but we are now looking at coachbuilts because you seem to get a newer and better equipped choice for your money. We have probably decided on an Adria Coral 660 with twin single beds, so that each can get up in the night without disturbing the other. A sign of age I know but there it is.

Peter

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Peter :welcome: to the Mad House, sounds like you're giving it plenty of constructive thought.

................I'd kill for twin singles.......... :roflmto:

Motor-Home Travel, on Tarmac or Gravel

A Week or Two in the Sun

If you have any trouble or Technical Muddle

Find the answer in Motor-Home Fun

Welcome to the bestest Motor Home forum on the interwebbythingy

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Started by looking at A classes, but we are now looking at coachbuilts because you seem to get a newer and better equipped choice for your money.
Peter

It goes deeper than that. A class contain loads of custom parts, like £4K windscreens, £1K headlamps, £1K wing mirrors. Get a problem and if you can get the parts at all they can charge what they want for them.

Coachbuilt is a nice compromise.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Hi Pete
We started with coachbuilts but now have an A class.As everyone knows, there 'aint such a thing as the perfect van.Everything is a compromise.You just have to keep looking until you find the one that suits you. It can be a very costly excercise to buy the wrong one so hiring for a week or two can save a bundle in the long run. You will quickly find things you thought were important, actually aren't and vise versa. Good luck in your quest and have fun once you have found it.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hello and welcome :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun, enjoy.

Tunbridge Wells............... come and pay us a visit where you always get a welcome and some good advice:thumb:

Peter

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Welcome from a fellow newbie. ::bigsmile:

I'm sure that you will finds tons of help within this forum :thumb:

:welcome:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome :welcome:
from another Autoquest owner (for the moment anyway......)

Margaret & Bill (south of Scotland):thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi all. I have just joined.

Used to caravan when the kids were young. We are now fast approaching "that" age and are looking to get away a lot more to places in the UK and Europe that we have never visited. So we are going to buy a motorhome.

Started by looking at A classes, but we are now looking at coachbuilts because you seem to get a newer and better equipped choice for your money. We have probably decided on an Adria Coral 660 with twin single beds, so that each can get up in the night without disturbing the other. A sign of age I know but there it is.

Peter

If you're interested in twin beds, have you looked at the Autotrail 740SE?

Lovely van, and I think the twin beds have just got the edge on climbing over someone to get to the loo::bigsmile: Unless you can find everything you want plus an island bed:thumb: But what's ideal for one person, might not be ideal for another, see as many as you can, even looking at layouts of different vans on t'internet. Once you've narrowed it down, go out and look over as many as possible.........good luck with it.

Margaret:Smile:

grin factor

Free Member
Jul 4, 2013
sunderland
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbiw
Greetings & welcome from another newbie.
In a similar situation, have a tourer at the mo, but looking for a mh.
Good luck.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you for the warm welcomes from everybody - what a friendly lot you all seem to be. I would have answered sooner but it appears I do not have email notification of replies in threads I have posted in. Can't seem to find any way of switching them on. Could anybody point me in the right direction please.

Anyway we decided on the Adria Coral and have paid the deposit so we have it now like it or not. We are picking it up next Saturday from Buyamotorhome outside of Portsmouth. I have had lots of good advice along the way from my brother who has been motorhoming for a few years now.

Brian - thanks for your tip about the extra costs for A classes when they go wrong, I hadn't thought of that. But as others say their is no such thing as a "right" one for everybody, we are all different, thank god.

Peter - as it just happens I have just come back from visiting you at Johns Cross to look in the shop. Just getting an idea of what is available and at what price, but don't want to go too mad until we have a few nights using it, and find out what we really need.

Margaret - we looked at a couple of Autotrail Savanahs in Canterbury a week or two ago that had the same layout, and liked them, but they were too long and way too expensive for us. And at the time I was still set on an A Class. I don't know why but the Adria just appealed to us so much more than anything else we had seen. Just all the right compromises for us I suspect.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello and welcome

:welcome:

An A class is colder in the winter.

Mel & Lieve

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Hello from a fellow Kent resident. We caravanned for 20 years then changed to MH last year - loving it, hope you do too. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, email notification options can be found in your profile assuming of course you have subscribed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back