Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there. I live in Cornwall and at the moment we are looking to buy a small motorhome. Have seen and made an offer on a Hymer 46 import from Germany. Seemed a good buy and was a tidy van but we've been let down. We are considering looking in Germany. Does anyone have any experience of Hymer 46s and/or experience of buying from Germany. Useful links would be appreciated. Thanks.

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Hello and welcome.

Sorry I cant help with m/h from germany but do have fluent german speaking reading writing people here so if you need docs/coms translating let me know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rob kinnear

Free Member
Nov 29, 2010
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
1 year 10 years tugger
Hi and welcome from Swansea.
Sorry cannot give an answer to your questions but someone will soon.

:flyingwelcome:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Have you tried Mike at EDEN M/homes in Scorrier, or maybe John Cross on this Forum.

Anyway:thumb: welcome to a fellow member from Gods Little Acre, Cornwall.:thumb:

Be enough of us soon to march on lundun an' overthrow the government:whatthe:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

As you are in cornwall, there is a meeting coming up soon at shepton mallet have a look in rallies and meets

come meet some of the funsters, join in if you want to xxxxxxxxxxx

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Welcome to the fun.

If you search there is a few old forum threads about importing from Germany. However the problem I see is that the cost of the euro is not making it as benneficial as it once was. I looked in to it once and the process was quite simple enough. There are a couple of German websites aimed at doing just what you want to do and are linked in the threads.

Hymer's are top vans although the normal difference I found between those in Germany and those in th eUK was the milage. The Germans like to get out and use their vans big time whilst us UK people whince iat more than 1000 miles per year :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Mobile.de .. Germany's biggest marketplace online

Link Removed

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello and welcome.

Sorry I cant help with m/h from germany but do have fluent german speaking reading writing people here so if you need docs/coms translating let me know.

Thank you very much. That would be really useful. At the moment we are looking into the possibilties of buying from Germany.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to the fun.

If you search there is a few old forum threads about importing from Germany. However the problem I see is that the cost of the euro is not making it as benneficial as it once was. I looked in to it once and the process was quite simple enough. There are a couple of German websites aimed at doing just what you want to do and are linked in the threads.

Hymer's are top vans although the normal difference I found between those in Germany and those in th eUK was the milage. The Germans like to get out and use their vans big time whilst us UK people whince iat more than 1000 miles per year :roflmto:

Thank you. That's really useful info. After a couple of months of looking at vans of all shapes and sizes, we like the Hymer 46 because it's not too big but big enough. We found on this week but the seller pulled out. I'll search the threads. Cheers.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. German imports now suffering because of the almost parity of the £/€
loads of vans about at the moment. so good luck looking if you get to the Shepton Mallet show to look for a van (loads for sale and show special offers) do drop into the fun site and say Hi. Get subscribed ASAP so you can attend rallies and think about buying the Motorhome buyers manual as written and published by Jim, [HI][STRIKE]could save you a lot of money[/STRIKE][/HI], forget that [HI]WILL [/HI]save you a lot of money.

OP
OP
D

Demelza

Free Member
Aug 28, 2011
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Have you tried Mike at EDEN M/homes in Scorrier, or maybe John Cross on this Forum.

Anyway:thumb: welcome to a fellow member from Gods Little Acre, Cornwall.:thumb:

Be enough of us soon to march on lundun an' overthrow the government:whatthe:

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, we've tried Eden. We are off over the bridge to Andover tomorrow to look at a Hymer 46. Been reading up stuff and now know we need to check out the storage space for gas cylinders. Once we've found the van we want we are hoping to drive down through France to Spain and are wondering how much gas will be needed for about a three week trip (I know, how long's a piece of string?)

BTW overthrowing the condems sounds right up my street! :)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We done that trip ,Roscoff out, Santander home, but only 16 days, easily on 2 gas bottles. But, we stayed in sites all the way, if you are wilding, well I havn't a clue! spect it reakons on how many times you use the Barbie.

Bon Chance ! anyway:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back