Ruskin

Free Member
Oct 7, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
Exp
2 years
Hello all

My name is Jim and I must admit to "lurking" for the past several months but now have finally registered. I have found MotorhomeFun great for picking up tips and learning from member’s motorhoming experience. A little about my motor home experience. My wife (Jan) and I have an Auto cruise Wentworth (54 plate) which we are very happy with. We’ve had it for the last several months. We’ve done some travelling up to Thurso and Dunnets head and last month went to the South of France, (France is more expensive than I seem to remember!) I have a couple of questions that members may be able to help me with. (is this the right forum to ask in?) Whilst away in France our fridge seemed to pack up the outside temp was 30+ degrees most days, it’s a Dometic and speaking to their helpline on return the chap said that all motorhome fridges would struggle at that temp. Is this the truth or porkies? Its working fine now. Also I have two electric bikes and am wondering how to carry them. Would members advise the thule europower 916 towball bike rack or carry them on a small trailer? I’m concerned about the weight both on the towball and axle.. A site warden told me that all Wentworth’s were over weight. I know I need to go to a weighbridge. I look forward to any advice.

Thanks for reading.

Jim and Jan.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Jim and Jan... welcome to MHF... Glad you joined... You know it makes sense!

I am on the side of Dometic here...

My fridge has been (and is now) cooling like an iceberg but last week when it got to nearly 40C outside (am in Portugal) it struggled as, it seems, yours did.

Mine has a small fan retro fitted which, when on, helps a little by circulating air around the cooling "thingy." Dougcumiskey suggested hanging a damp cloth over the inlet grill thus giving additional evaporation whih also helped.

But even with these "add ons", when it is really hot outside your fridge does not cool as much as in "normal" temperatures...

JJ :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello you two. Nice to meet you. Welcome.:thumb: