New Member (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2015
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Ducato CS van conversion
Exp
since 2002
Hi new to this forum i have been motorhoming since 2002 started with a Rapido 962 which we ran for 4 years then progressed to a Hymer 975BSL which we only kept for 9 months as my father in law had a stroke and we became carers overnight.
We brought it in Germany with full English specification £18,000 cheaper than we could in England so when we sold it we got all our money back. Five years later we got back into motorhoming by buying an Autotrail tracker FB which we ran for I year found it was either to wide or to long for lots of places we visited in Europe so we sold it.
Nearly brought a IH van conversion but decided to build my own, saved best part of £30,000 and had fun doing it. Toured Europe for 3 months in it last year very pleased every thing worked well and a joy to drive. This was my third conversion my first an ex Merseyside Ambulance then a Fiat Doblo, just going to start a small camper conversion for my wife on a Nissan NV200 at the head scratching stage now start this weekend. By the way I am 60 years young and my main hobby is Kayaking Sea, surf and white water.

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Keep up the good work, hello and welcome from Brighton :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 3, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bought motor home two yrs ago after having caravans for 30 years
Hello I'm from Kent but now live in Essex and I'm on my way to twin lakes in france

May 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2006
Hi
Sounds like you have been busy and all that effort has paid dividends. Seems you have plans for your wife to go on her own holidays once you have completed the next conversion ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:. Now there's a thought maybe I can persuade Hubby to convert a van for me ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi and welcome (y) Quite a few self builders on here so any problems ask away:) And we are very nosy so pics of how it is going will be welcome if you fancy sharing(y)

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)