New Member High Mileage (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have just stayed a couple of nights at Steves site and I can report that the shower facilities are as advertised. There are two 'bathrooms' both with shower, toilet and washbasin. The larger one is particularly good (photo hopefully attached). Steve has a Staffy, Dolly who enjoyed playing with Meg, at least Meg enjoyed it, I think Dolly felt every day of her seven years after an hour or so.
The workshop on site is not finished, in fact it would not be wrong to describe it as not started, however Steve hopes to have it done by Christmas which shows he is an optimist.

Site entry was a bit tight due to the angle, though the gate itself is very wide, and we had to unhitch the Toad to get in, but this may have been due to a couple of contractors vans parked just outside the gate. Pitches are hardstanding and well spaced, and ours had a slight slope towards the back. Our 7 1/2 M length fitted on OK but anything over 8M might have a problem. There is lots of grass area for awnings, toads or whatever, and some picnic tables.

Excellent value for a tenner inc 10A electr, especially as also available is a washing machine and freezer if needed. I know a tenner is more than some [STRIKE]tightwads[/STRIKE] careful people like to spend.:Smile:

We found I have an interesting electrical fault, some sort of earth leakage, which gives a mild shock if you touch the towbar. Strangely enough still does it even if everything's turned off. He is investigating.

If the quotes are right, I will be having the EG-20 gas powered generator installed, together with an inverter and Alugas bottles, hopefully soon.

Attachments

• Img_1467.jpg
    Img_1467.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Img_1468.jpg
    Img_1468.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Img_1470.jpg
    Img_1470.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Img_1476.jpg
    Img_1476.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 67

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun, this isnt the Dark Side where the PC tossers object to any bit of so called advertising.

Why not offer Funsters a discount say 5% and put the sites address in your signature so everyone knows where its is, or a link.

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Welcome to Fun, this isnt the Dark Side where the PC tossers object to any bit of so called advertising.

Why not offer Funsters a discount say 5% and put the sites address in your signature so everyone knows where its is, or a link.

Peter

On the contrary Peter. I banned a campsite owner this morning for posting about his site. He joined and first post said "This is my site" etc etc. Compare that to how the original poster on this thread opened.

Yes as an advertiser you, Peter, might get a bit of leeway, but other don't. If we allow a little we end up with a lot:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
On the contrary Peter. I banned a campsite owner this morning for posting about his site. He joined and first post said "This is my site" etc etc. Compare that to how the original poster on this thread opened.

Yes as an advertiser you, Peter, might get a bit of leeway, but other don't. If we allow a little we end up with a lot:Cool:

I hope you don't consider my post as advertising, it's meant to be a review, after all its not my site.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Fair comment Jim, he seemed a genuine guy.

Peter

OP
OP
S

Steveutwg

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rushenden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 560
Exp
25 years
Thank you for your comments

We have just stayed a couple of nights at Steves site and I can report that the shower facilities are as advertised. There are two 'bathrooms' both with shower, toilet and washbasin. The larger one is particularly good (photo hopefully attached). Steve has a Staffy, Dolly who enjoyed playing with Meg, at least Meg enjoyed it, I think Dolly felt every day of her seven years after an hour or so.
The workshop on site is not finished, in fact it would not be wrong to describe it as not started, however Steve hopes to have it done by Christmas which shows he is an optimist.

Site entry was a bit tight due to the angle, though the gate itself is very wide, and we had to unhitch the Toad to get in, but this may have been due to a couple of contractors vans parked just outside the gate. Pitches are hardstanding and well spaced, and ours had a slight slope towards the back. Our 7 1/2 M length fitted on OK but anything over 8M might have a problem. There is lots of grass area for awnings, toads or whatever, and some picnic tables.

Excellent value for a tenner inc 10A electr, especially as also available is a washing machine and freezer if needed. I know a tenner is more than some [STRIKE]tightwads[/STRIKE] careful people like to spend.:Smile:

We found I have an interesting electrical fault, some sort of earth leakage, which gives a mild shock if you touch the towbar. Strangely enough still does it even if everything's turned off. He is investigating.

If the quotes are right, I will be having the EG-20 gas powered generator installed, together with an inverter and Alugas bottles, hopefully soon.

Many Thanks for your kind comments, we are glad you liked our site, you always wonder if you have done the right things, they say you can't please everyone, so we have tried to appeal to as many as possible. Whats important to us as Motorhome Funsters is good showers! Good Views, Nice Pitch, Mains Hookup, and last but by no means least a friendly place!

We feel £10 per night for the facilities is a great deal, you have to consider all your costs when setting up a site, sorry but we can't do this level of service for any less!

Your right there is still a very slight slop to the pitch you were on, there's a good reason for this... The ground the site is made of, is clay, when we purchased the site last January, it was water logged, we have laid water drainage all over the place to firm up the ground, then used tons of hardcore and road scalpings to create the pitches and roadway needed, its now time to let it settle for at least a whole season, then we will top it off and level it out as required to make perfect flat pitches, so dont worry it's all in hand.

As for the Workshop, it should of been up by now, but unfortunatly we had to sort other issues, like relaying 100 meters of 6" Mains Drainage, building the Shower/Facility unit and decking, all of which takes time, but were on the case, it will happen soon. Till then we can still do any electrcial repairs on the pitch or at our fitting centre in London.

Regards Steve & Sheila:winky:

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Hi
Just moved onto the Island so will have to call round to see you .Must agree the views are wonderful especially the sunrise from my lounge out over the fields cliffs and sea most mornings.
In fact makes me wonder if I will even want to go away in the van much this summer with all the bbqs and walks we have got planned .
Ray Claire and Katie cat

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
Hi Brian
Well this post has gathered pace, so many nice comments... Thanks you all, yes Sheppey is a great place, all year realy, we spent months deciding where to open a Campsite, We chose sheppey as its so close to london where I have a proper job fixing Motorhomes and stuff, so it take me under an hour to and from work! There are many places on the island to wander around, Minster Beach perfect, park right next to the sea, pop in the pub for a meal, well cheap! we are finding new places all the time, both on and just off the isalnd, your right the new bridge makes it real easy! if you want to come and stay fine by me, just lookout for LeoBay on google, dont want spam this post with advertising, Just like making new friends!:winky:

We finally managed to get to “Leobay” CL campsite ……. what a great experience …. thanks’ Steve & Sheila :thumb::thumb:
Deckie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back