New member feeling the fear and doing it anyway. (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome:hi:

Congratulations on getting your van & at least you don't have to go far to see some beautiful countryside.

Just relax and enjoy it - you'll soon work out what the essentials are:smiley:
X

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Our first year we didn't get out of Norfolk(2010) saw places I didn't know and I've lived here all my life,so you don't have to go far.
Just pack your sense of adventure and humour.

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Hi and welcome from another newbie. I found a short list in the beginner thread of what people reckon are absolute essentials. I am intending to take it from there as I tend to suffer terribly from overplanning. It will depend on what you want to do, like my list does not include a corkscrew (I'm so boring) while for many that's an absolute essential! Getting the van in just over 3 weeks and am planning to immediately go away for about 2 weeks, just dive in (but within fairly easy driving distance from home). Have fun!

OP
OP
N

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Welcome to you too that is very kind of you. I have the corkscrew at the ready not for me, my other half likes a glass of red. We intend to stay local at first, we had an invite to a Christmas party in Cardigan this weekend but failed to find anywhere for the MH I think the weather was so bad at the start of the week the people we telephoned didn't want to any visitors. The weather is now lovely and sunny here, sods law. We intend to have fun hope you have fun too.

Take Care

From the other newbies Mike and Toni (Me)

OP
OP
N

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
... so what are your plans for your 'first trip' @Nana ? - where, when, how long etc
Those of us in the NMC [Nosey Mares Club] NEED to know!!!

We are trying to plan a few local trips to West Wales I will let you know when we venture off the drive! It's quite nice having a cuppa in the MH on the drive though it's lovely and sunny here now ha ha

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Nana,
The Christmas party you have an invite to but nowhere to stay, you have the van, If the party is in a pub or a hotel ask the management if you can tuck the van away in some corner of the car park or find a friendly laybye.
It may seem a little daunting but believe me it is so easy, and that is what the van is for (y)
Norman.

OP
OP
N

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
The flowers are dead and the birds shivering so much they've given up singing.

Lists ! Just throw the essential in, get out there and learn the hard way, lists will only make you take far more than you need.
I love your photo's we hope to visit some of the places you have been. I will be asking you lot's of questions if that's ok. T

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
It's quite nice having a cuppa in the MH on the drive
Isn't it though? And cooking, eating, even SLEEPING there is great!
If the party is in a pub or a hotel ask the management if you can tuck the van away in some corner of the car park or find a friendly laybye.
Absolutely agree. And if it's at somebody's house, do they have room for you to park on THEIR drive? (After all, you've practiced that!!)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I love your photo's we hope to visit some of the places you have been. I will be asking you lot's of questions if that's ok. T

Thank you.

We discovered Italy from that old TV holiday program, lost out heart to the place first visit, since then on a mission to get folk to Italy, just once and you are hooked. Spain, don't love it but it does have the facilities for winter sun. Germany, it does not get enough good press, it has some gorgeous places to visit. And Switzerland, proper job hills that really please a hilldweller. France, the gateway to Europe. Chamonix and Biarritz are out favourites.

Ask away any time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back