New member feeling the fear and doing it anyway. (1 Viewer)

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
We are complete newbies Mike and Toni. We are now the proud owners of an Auto trail Miami, spending the last few week making and ticking things off lists to make sure we are as prepared as possible for our first trip.
We live in the Brecon Beacons and love our beautiful country side and want to travel Britain and further afield (when we are brave enough). It's time to smell the flowers and listen to the birds.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-11-24_10-34-55.png

Brilliant attitude!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's time to smell the flowers and listen to the birds.

The flowers are dead and the birds shivering so much they've given up singing.

Lists ! Just throw the essential in, get out there and learn the hard way, lists will only make you take far more than you need.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Mike and Toni, I'm sure you'll love your new adventures. Welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
... so what are your plans for your 'first trip' @Nana ? - where, when, how long etc
Those of us in the NMC [Nosey Mares Club] NEED to know!!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

We like the beacons. Plenty of beautiful countryside and places to see. Have you tried the railway trip alongside the lakes? (Not out of season, but when open)
http://www.breconmountainrailway.co.uk/timetable

Also it's worth knowing that the council allow overnighting on their car parks 1 night in 7.

Wyn

PS Also 'Pwll Mawr'. An excellent day out - and FREE!

Last edited:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Question please @WynandJean : Is that 1 in 7 throughout, or can you 'rotate' between car parks & stay every night?
Well my assumption is that you could rotate. I can't imagine anyone checking all the car parks in the county just in case. Of course I could be wrong.

Wyn

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
to travel Britain and further afield (when we are brave enough)

Briton is great to explore on your doorstep so to speak but further afield, as in Europe is easier... I think the ones coming over to England from Europe are braver.

Welcome to this fantastic forum and wet your head in England and when you think you've sorted all the niggles get yourself over to where your Motorhome is made for...

All the best and post your adventures on here....(y)

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
:hiya2: from a wet and cold west mids, you'll find plenty of great peeps on here, im jealous youre off and away now, we gotta wait till June!, anyways.......ENJOY !!!!!!!!

si jayne n saul.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Mike and Toni, welcome to Fun!

As @hilldweller says, don't bother too much with lists - you are bound to forget stuff anyway. Just make sure you have the essentials - bedding, clothes, cooking stuff and corkscrew and take off.

You don't have to be 'brave' to head for Europe, France in particular is not known as motorhome heaven for nothing.

Have fun!

Paul

OP
OP
N

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Thank you for the lovely welcome all. Win and Jean been to Brecon Mountain Railway and Big Pit just not in a Motor home, they are right on our doorstep and I travel the area daily. CWR. In some counties all car parks are free so no APNR. (Big Pit) Our local fee paying town car park is checked once a week on Thursdays. Powys welcomes tourists so 7 nights in different car parks I don't see why not. It is a beautiful part of the world if I can help anyone with questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. Don't know the rule of the site yet I am still learning so if I make mistakes please accept my apologies.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
if I can help anyone with questions feel free to ask
That's a lovely offer, thank you.
Don't know the rule of the site yet I am still learning so if I make mistakes please accept my apologies.
Not many rules here, mostly about being nice & polite to each other!
But if you want to reply to someone specific, go to the bottom right of an individual post, click on Quote - this will open your reply with that post in pink (as with yours on here) then just type away and post into the public thread as usual.
If you want to reply in private, then click on the avatar of the person who's posted; you'll get another box in the middle of which is Start A Conversation. Click on that & you're away with a PM (Personal Message) that only that person will see.

OP
OP
N

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
That's a lovely offer, thank you.

Not many rules here, mostly about being nice & polite to each other!
But if you want to reply to someone specific, go to the bottom right of an individual post, click on Quote - this will open your reply with that post in pink (as with yours on here) then just type away and post into the public thread as usual.
If you want to reply in private, then click on the avatar of the person who's posted; you'll get another box in the middle of which is Start A Conversation. Click on that & you're away with a PM (Personal Message) that only that person will see.
Thank you

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hi and welcome.

Enjoy your travels - just go for it.;)