Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi All!

I try to find a way to have 2 different e-mail addresses which will not be connected to "Yodeli" or Cyodeli" 's or even "Frankie"'s life.

The biggest problem is that Microsoft knows it all Arrrgggg! And proposes to Yodeli or Cyodeli the contacts Frankie has and vice versa.

I have as well (hidden of course!) a Facebook account, AND Facebook asked me if I wanted any of my orange contacts (and vice versa to my contacts as you probably understood ) So of course MY BOSS who has me in his Orange contacts has probably received an invitation to have me as a contact under a name (facebook's one) he has never heard of .... but if searching could find who is hidding behind this username. All this Mafia makes me really angry.:Angry:

Why can't we have a private life , not connected with work!?
Or even have different groups of friends without being obliged to get them mixed up together?

The one for work is now sorted ... thanks to Yahoo! It offers unlimited mails so this is perfect.

But I now wish to have one for Yodeli , Cyodeli and Frankie and I don't want to use any of Microsoft stuff.

I have to forget about Hotmail (Cyodeli) Gmail (Cyodeli and Frankie) Outlook (Yodeli). I don't want any of these usernames.

So any idea? "Live" is related to Hotmail and is from Microsoft
I would like something like Yahoo but didn't manage to find one .

I could may be ask someone to use his/her computer and open another Yahoo account (if the person agrees and if he/she doesn't have one already that is!)???

The thing is I want to cancel my landline Orange and I know they will not allow me anymore an e-mail address, so trying to get sorted first with a new e-mail address
I have as well my server address but it's nearly full ... I am only allowed 500 Mo ... not enough to keep my main mails.

I need sometime to clean that e-mail box of all e-mails I don't need , but too busy to find sometime to do that job at the moment .

Any idea of what can be done? Don't forget I'm thick with computers so I need something simple:Blush:

Thank you !

Frankie:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Big brother is watching you, all online services collect information about you, your life, friends habits, shopping preferances, browsing preferances, even what colour underware you have (store loyalty cards/creditcards) No one has a private life anymore so you may as well forget it or chuck your computer in the bin and cut up all of your cards. We are all doomed, doomed I tell you doooomed...........................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
don't even think about something you want no one to know about, brain scanners are coming to a place near you::bigsmile:
oh and by the way you have just divulged various email addresses and usernames to the whole world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Big brother is watching you, all online services collect information about you, your life, friends habits, shopping preferances, browsing preferances, even what colour underware you have (store loyalty cards/creditcards) No one has a private life anymore so you may as well forget it or chuck your computer in the bin and cut up all of your cards. We are all doomed, doomed I tell you doooomed...........................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
don't even think about something you want no one to know about, brain scanners are coming to a place near you::bigsmile:

I know all this Roger , but I would like to give it a try.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Here I use freeparking.co.uk.

I pay $15 to register hilldweller.me.uk for 2 years and that gives me as many email boxes as I like.

brian@hilldweller.me.uk
dinah@hilldweller.me.uk

There must be the same in France. frankie.moi.fr ??
Or ninjafrog.moi.fr

which you could use
JJsPrincess@frankie.moi.fr
babies@frankie.moi.fr
ninjafrog@frankie.moi.fr

frankie@ninjafrog.moi.fr
princess@ninjafrog.moi.fr

The term is Domain Registration. hilldweller.me.uk being my domain. Just the same as Jim registered motorhomefun.co.uk but failed to register motorhomefun.com which the opposition got.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi All!

I try to find a way to have 2 different e-mail addresses which will not be connected to "Yodeli" or Cyodeli" 's or even "Frankie"'s life.

The biggest problem is that Microsoft knows it all Arrrgggg! And proposes to Yodeli or Cyodeli the contacts Frankie has and vice versa.

I have as well (hidden of course!) a Facebook account, AND Facebook asked me if I wanted any of my orange contacts (and vice versa to my contacts as you probably understood ) So of course MY BOSS who has me in his Orange contacts has probably received an invitation to have me as a contact under a name (facebook's one) he has never heard of .... but if searching could find who is hidding behind this username. All this Mafia makes me really angry.:Angry:

Why can't we have a private life , not connected with work!?
Or even have different groups of friends without being obliged to get them mixed up together?

The one for work is now sorted ... thanks to Yahoo! It offers unlimited mails so this is perfect.

But I now wish to have one for Yodeli , Cyodeli and Frankie and I don't want to use any of Microsoft stuff.

I have to forget about Hotmail (Cyodeli) Gmail (Cyodeli and Frankie) Outlook (Yodeli). I don't want any of these usernames.

So any idea? "Live" is related to Hotmail and is from Microsoft
I would like something like Yahoo but didn't manage to find one .

I could may be ask someone to use his/her computer and open another Yahoo account (if the person agrees and if he/she doesn't have one already that is!)???

The thing is I want to cancel my landline Orange and I know they will not allow me anymore an e-mail address, so trying to get sorted first with a new e-mail address
I have as well my server address but it's nearly full ... I am only allowed 500 Mo ... not enough to keep my main mails.

I need sometime to clean that e-mail box of all e-mails I don't need , but too busy to find sometime to do that job at the moment .

Any idea of what can be done? Don't forget I'm thick with computers so I need something simple:Blush:

Thank you !

you could try Aol ( no cost in uk )i use them

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
my main email addresses are connected to an internet domain name i have registered. costs me about ÂŁ10 a year and nobody harvests info from my email

try 123-reg.co.uk very cheap and looks better than yahoo or hotmail etc when you register your own name

i am sure there is a french equivalent company if you want a .fr domain

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
my main email addresses are connected to an internet domain name i have registered. costs me about ÂŁ10 a year and nobody harvests info from my email

try 123-reg.co.uk very cheap and looks better than yahoo or hotmail etc when you register your own name

i am sure there is a french equivalent company if you want a .fr domain

Very interesting - the domain name I would like is available.
But what email software do you use to get at your emails? We have PCs, iPads and iPhones so would need something on each of those hardware platforms.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
any email program would do the job for you. personally i use outlook on the laptop and k9 mail on android. plenty of free email clients about for iphone/ipad

you just set the pop server details and add your username and password very simple to do

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Ipad and iphone have Mail integrated into the set up, it is very easy to set up and use, you really don't need a different Mail app although there are a lot around.

On the laptop, I use Outlook but have used and liked Thunderbird in the past (owned by Firefox)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
agreed, mozilla thunderbird is excellent, i use outlook as thats what ive used for years and know the shortcuts and features.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Thanks all for your inputs!

So I have checked french Name Domains ... but it sounds (on users forums) that it's a bit messy. Some seem to disappear without any notice, if you don't use them enough; and others have other prob.

Will forget this one for the present time.

I will install Firefox and Mozilla and have a look at their messaging. But it all sounds very good for a free and different e-mail address.

I don't have an IPhone or a Iwhatever and never will, just not my type, I have a smartphone but I find it too small/uncomfortable and key board too sensitive... driving me crazy so it's a no no no for the everyday use.But it could have been a good option I'm sure... just me being disabled with such devices!:Blush:

I've just subscribe on AOL . It looks good , but have to find how to switch on French! grrrrr ! It seems I have to dowload the toolbar first .... another toolbar mmmm. Wonder if I can switch on french and then disinstall the toolbar and still have french ????

I found as well La Poste.net which sounds very good as well. At least it has 2 Gb memory for my mails much better than the actual 500Mb I have with my server. It's free. I don't have to have them as server....
Will try to subscribe there too and see what it looks like.... and then decide which is the best for the use I make of it!

Thanks again. I've learnt a bit more today!

Amicalement

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back