Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just bought a new LNB
The original one that was on the Oyster is marked as having a noise level .4dB
And to be frank it was FAR from great.. in fact using a meter and a known .7dB sky thing as a benchmark it did not fair well, so lets be generous and just say the standard Oyster LNB can be easily improved upon ! ;)

Ages ago I replaced it with a .1dB Goldstar but after doing some research I have found that the makers figure may well be a best guess rather than a measured response .. The Goldstar are very cheap and to be fair the one I have has worked well

I have just bought a Inverto Black Ultra Single Universal LNB. Although it is a .2dB it will be a .2 and not something guessed at.
The Inverto stuff is supposed to be sh!t hot and consistently comes out best with the guys who go sat searching..

The Goldstar was good enough to get most of the Sky channels ( not all and certainly not the BBC or ITV channels ) whilst plotted up at Zahora .. This was this year and after they moved the footprint

I shall not really find out how good it is until January when we head south..

Copy of this post in Motorhome Chat section

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Yes the IUBSingle is a good LNB.
But in some cases I have found other single LNBs to perform better.
With an IUBS some channels were pixelating or even not available (eg ITV1 HD) here on the fringes. Pop on another LNB (like a GI), and they come in.
This is also the same with the IUB Twin and Quads, where other twin and quads seem to pull in channel the IUBs do not.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellll,, as they are not exactly a fortune, if the thing does not perform well I still have the option to revert back and then at some time in the future try something else :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back