New lights desperately needed 1992 Swift Capri (1 Viewer)

Scarface GTti

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Generally our motorhome is in good condition and appeared to have no faults but i was stopped this morning by a motorist to say that some of my rear lights aren't working. I've took the lense covers off and the units are full of water and must have been for some time as all the contactors are posh rotten and some have even rotten off. So i need two new light units.

I've been Googling all morning with the information that i have. The units say "Made by Siem" and a number 14127. I really need these same units as they are cut into the body but i can't find any reference to any and most business' i've come across only sell the latest type units. Does anybody have any ideas or know off anywhere that sells older parts? Ta

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Post a pic of the old ones, it might help. Hella or someone might now do them!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Durite part number 0-077-01 for left hand, 0-077-00 for right hand!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I know Cragmays at Spalding do Durite.
Glad to be of help. I got the part numbers directly from a Durite catalogue. I have noticed some of the online shops have inaccurate photos.

OP
OP
S

Scarface GTti

Free Member
Aug 15, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
They're definately the same, as you say i think the photos are probably not right as either the right or left should have the reverse lamp in it but nobody seems to show that. I'll try and get it sorted this weekend, thanks again!

Carioca 5

Free Member
Jul 12, 2018
Funster No
I know it's a long shot at this thread was a long time ago but I have the same problem. I think I have sourced the light cluster but could really do with some help with finding a 5 pin/spade connector that goes into the back. Any help welcome. Thanks

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I know it's a long shot at this thread was a long time ago but I have the same problem. I think I have sourced the light cluster but could really do with some help with finding a 5 pin/spade connector that goes into the back. Any help welcome. Thanks
I can't see your photo but they sound like standard 90s Ducato rear lights. If so the connectors within the plug are 1/4 inch blades. I happen to have a pair of the lights new & unused.

Carioca 5

Free Member
Jul 12, 2018
Funster No
Hopefully a picture here. Are you by and chance selling your lights if the one I have ordered is the wrong? Thanks

Attachments

• 5 Pin.jpg
    5 Pin.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hopefully a picture here. Are you by and chance selling your lights if the one I have ordered is the wrong? Thanks
That looks like the same plug. My lights are for sale if you need them. They will be cheaper than buying elsewhere :D subject to a photo of yours to confirm. I'd photograph mine but I'm not home until next week (y).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back