New law on protecting the customer (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Giddy Lynn

Giddy Lynn

Free Member
Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have a transit based motorhome and had both recalls done. I think the odds of a problem on the piston recall at less than 3000 miles is very close to nil there would have been thousands of transits stranded all over the UK at less than a month old!!!

Hi
Its about 18mths old. I am hoping that the damage will be nil.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I sent an attachment of a letter with all details, gripes etc.,via email. I would think that should be the same as bulky post! But not sure. I would need clarification from Ford that no damage has been done to make me feel better.
I sent an attachment of a letter with all details, gripes etc.,via email. I would think that should be the same as bulky post! But not sure. I would need clarification from Ford that no damage has been done to make me feel better.

well I hope you kept it clear and concise..there was no need to go into detail? all explained on link i posted earlier..

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...ecting-a-second-hand-car-bought-from-a-dealer

[Your address]

[Manager/ Owner]

[Dealership address]

Dear Sir/ Madam

Ref: [registration number of vehicle]

On [date] I purchased, and took delivery of, the above vehicle [make and model] from you. On [date] I discovered that it was not of satisfactory quality: [describe the problem].

[The Sale of Goods Act 1979 requires dealers to supply goods of satisfactory quality.]

OR

[The Consumer Rights Act 2015 requires dealers to supply goods of satisfactory quality.]

However, the vehicle is clearly unroadworthy. You are therefore in breach of contract.

I am legally entitled to reject the vehicle and to be reimbursed for its full purchase price of [£xx]. I look forward to receiving your cheque for this sum within 14 days. If you fail to reimburse me I shall have no alternative but to issue a claim against you in the county court for recovery of the money without further reference to you.

Yours faithfully,

[Your name and signature]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Also, don't be fobbed off if/when a dealer refers you to their terms and conditions of trading. Consumer Law takes presidency over unreasonable terms
I was shocked when I recently looked at the terms and conditions on one of MH Funs 'Trusted' traders website.
They are denying their customers their basic rights to return goods and refunds that they are entitled too. Should be classed as Rogue Traders instead

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Also, don't be fobbed off if/when a dealer refers you to their terms and conditions of trading. Consumer Law takes presidency over unreasonable terms
I was shocked when I recently looked at the terms and conditions on one of MH Funs 'Trusted' traders website.
They are denying their customers their basic rights to return goods and refunds that they are entitled too. Should be classed as Rogue Traders instead

As paypal do:cautious:

They try it on as know many ignorant of the law..normally cave once you let them know your aware of your rights...

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
What are you bothered with . you could ignore the bulletins but they are simple and easy to get done the software is a upgrade on the ECU software takes 1/2 and hour the filter is a ford one once again. What has the dealer done wrong to your eyes?, he would know nothing of the recall. If it is a Chausson or a roller team there is no letter to UK owners as they were sold in France and Italy. Ford England will arrange it through any dealer. Just get it done, the van will be better and more economic to drive . Why winge at the selling agent just do it, it can all be done at any main Ford dealer in one hit. You would be told to sod off as the dealer has nothing to do with Fords recall or updates.. It is nothing to do with piston s other than the pistons might crack with the too sharp ignition if driven hard when cold, it is a better quieter engine and it only affect the 155 bhp engine upgrade as far as I am aware. I think you are panicking about something that you do not actually know about, with mention of internal parts going wrong. An hour at a Ford dealer would do it all. Quicker than a service when it could be done in one time but why wait that long to make it nicer. The ones that have gone wrong are very few and are commercial van that are thrashed from cold by uncaring driver on the start of the day.I am sure that you motorhome would not be driven like that and had a lovely soft and caring owner pootling along not a time struck moron on a delivery schedule with his foot to the floor, which is probably the type your son refers to.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What are you bothered with . you could ignore the bulletins but they are simple and easy to get done the software is a upgrade on the ECU software takes 1/2 and hour the filter is a ford one once again. What has the dealer done wrong to your eyes?, he would know nothing of the recall. If it is a Chausson or a roller team there is no letter to UK owners as they were sold in France and Italy. Ford England will arrange it through any dealer. Just get it done, the van will be better and more economic to drive . Why winge at the selling agent just do it, it can all be done at any main Ford dealer in one hit. You would be told to sod off as the dealer has nothing to do with Fords recall or updates.. It is nothing to do with piston s other than the pistons might crack with the too sharp ignition if driven hard when cold, it is a better quieter engine and it only affect the 155 bhp engine upgrade as far as I am aware. I think you are panicking about something that you do not actually know about, with mention of internal parts going wrong. An hour at a Ford dealer would do it all. Quicker than a service when it could be done in one time but why wait that long to make it nicer. The ones that have gone wrong are very few and are commercial van that are thrashed from cold by uncaring driver on the start of the day.I am sure that you motorhome would not be driven like that and had a lovely soft and caring owner pootling along not a time struck moron on a delivery schedule with his foot to the floor, which is probably the type your son refers to.

Almost correct we have a chausson reg 3/2015 I made a point of the ford servicing garage putting it on the ford system so we would get recall info and we did for the software and the oil pump both now done . The oil pump recall was just a month or two ago as I think they prioritsed vans likely to do high mileages. I am very relaxed about the ford side of things there are many thousands on the roads and a lot of them will be off before mine at 10k in 2 years if there is still a problem!!! The OP's son probably did no favours with the story of the engine replacement I would guess a high mileage abused van but there are always duds with any van or car I bet you would find a few with any make.

OP
OP
Giddy Lynn

Giddy Lynn

Free Member
Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie

Gwaygway, Why would you ignore bulletins on recalls?? Obviously they are recalled for a reason! Lowdham's knew of the recall and didn't do anything about it! I am wingeing at the dealer because the Alarm, Radio didn't work correctly as well as having these recalls to sort. Why should I sort it? IT DOES matter if you don't take the vehicle to Ford if its been recalled as your manufacturers warranty is void....Ford's words.

To spend over £30,000 to me is a lot of money it might not be to you but I expect EVERYTHING to work correctly.

Deleted User
Yes it should be, it's appalling that they knowingly sold you the mh, with a recall on it and didn't say anything, that's miss selling. It amazes me the amount of people who think it's ok to keep returning to dealers to fix things and don't have use of their mh for weeks on end, it's not right. Stick with it and give them hell :)

OP
OP
Giddy Lynn

Giddy Lynn

Free Member
Oct 27, 2015
Wakefield, West Yorks
Funster No
MH
T-620 Ford Tribute
Exp
I'm a newbie
Here is the update as promised:
Received letter and phone call from Ian Brown apologising for the time delay and the issues that have arisen.

To cut a long story short Lowdhams have made good or replaced non working parts including a new alarm, had the recalls done, provided me with a letter from Ford stating there is no damage to the Engine. At my request they have checked the heating and decided to place another thermostat in better position. As a good will gesture they have not charged me for the damage that my partner did to the body of the MH, which was going to cost me £450. They offered me another discharge so that I could ask any questions how things work in the MH. They offered me a driver to collect me to take me to Lowdhams and the driver came back with me to my house in the MH (with me doing the driving yeah!). So for me that is a good result as I stated before this MH is exactly what I wanted. So she is now home and I will look forward to spending my first night away sometime!

Thanks for all your support.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back