Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Any of you well travelled funsters seen the new Kindle Fire HD, what's it like and thoughts please.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
not seen the kindle fire HD but I bought the kindle fire when it came out via amazon only to find that most functions not supported in the UK and I believe that it has still not been launched in the UK and the HD is only available in the good old USA so again will not be supported in the UK

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Any of you well travelled funsters seen the new Kindle Fire HD, what's it like and thoughts please.

Have a look at the Google one. But watch out for memory slots, some don't have one so you would be limited to what is built in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
bought my kindle fire through amazon UK but still not supported in the UK please check with Kindle before you buy, if you go on the kindle website they have a request a call and they will phone you from USA, they are very good

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The battery on the Fire is NOT replaceable so it becomes a throwaway item, much better off with an Ipad.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My father in law has one and I was messing about with it over the weekend.

I was very impressed with it.

I prefer it to my ipad I think.

Cant help with support or battery issues as i never research anything:Doh:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The Kindle fire seems to have an ordinary tablet type screen, which you won't be able to read in sunlight. Not a patch on the original kindle if you want a book reader, and if you want a tablet PC there are much better ones than the kindle.
On the whole seems a bit of a pointless product.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The Kindle fire seems to have an ordinary tablet type screen, which you won't be able to read in sunlight. Not a patch on the original kindle if you want a book reader, and if you want a tablet PC there are much better ones than the kindle.
On the whole seems a bit of a pointless product.

It has a clearer screen than my ipad 3

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have a Kindle K3, perfect for reading books, bought my wife a Nexus 7, perfect for everything else. Very quick. No expansion port but shouldn't need one if using cloud storage.

Rgds
Bill

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
::bigsmile:

Seriously though it is a crisper screen, possibly because it is a lot smaller.

Well, apart from saying hold it further away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't see how the Ipad can NOT seem sharper.....it has the highest resolution possible. Are you using non iPad apps?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well, apart from saying hold it further away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't see how the Ipad can NOT seem sharper.....it has the highest resolution possible. Are you using non iPad apps?

Nope.

I just compared the two screens side by side.

I honestly think that a lot of the Apple claims about resolution are a load of guff.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Nope.

I just compared the two screens side by side.

I honestly think that a lot of the Apple claims about resolution are a load of guff.
I did a similar comparison in John Lewis yesterday, I couldn't see any difference either. One other observation, a few weeks ago you couldn't get near the Ipad display. I was there 15 mins yesterday and not a single interest even in the mini ipad. The counter displaying all other tablets including the kindle was mobbed. It is called competition, something that Apple will have to learn to live with. :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I confess I have gone off Apple. This will be my last iPhone and my last iPad.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Well, apart from saying hold it further away :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I don't see how the Ipad can NOT seem sharper.....it has the highest resolution possible. Are you using[HI] non iPad apps[/HI]?

Did you mean pre Retina display apps Chocks?, I have a lot of older apps that I've installed on my iPad 3 and on an almost daily basis these are being updated by the Apps developers to take advantage of the far superior display afforded by the Retina display phones and ipads.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back