New Information - Electronic Tolls Portugal (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
As promised in a recent thread about the Portuguese Electronic Tolls the following information was obtained during our visit to Portugal (Algarve) this month. My scanner is busted so what follows is as per the brochure provided (sic), so here goes:-

FOREIGN REGISTERED VEHICLES

The lanes in which tolls are electronic only are marked with a reference “electronic toll only”.

Payment options for foreign-registered vehicles:
Occasional/short stays
Option without electronic device.

3 days (light vehicles). Fixed cost of €20, regardless of the number of journeys made in highways with electronic tolls only. Maximum of 6 purchases per year.
5 Days. Consumption depending on usage. Preload minimum of €10 (light vehicles) / €20 (heavy vehicles)with the possibility of refund of the balance not used, if requested, and if the payment has been made on internet.
Spain Route – Oporto Airport, via A28 or A41: Faro Airport via A22. Prepayment valid for a one way/return journey.

Purchase these products:

Border point of sale
CTT at https://www.ctt.pt (only by credit card)
Oporto Airport and Faro Airport
IKEA Matosinhos
Service stations (A28 – Viana and Modivas, A25 Celorica da Beira, A23 – Abrantes, A22 – Olhão, A24 – Vidagol
And post-offices, making payment in cash.

Frequent Stays
Rental of Temporary Device 'Via Verde Visitors'

Initial deposit of €27.50 (refundable upon return of the device):
Cost of rental; €6 the first week, and €1.50 for each one of the following weeks.
Consumption depending on the use.
Validity period 90 days.

Purchase this product:

Payment with credit card only at the Via Verde shops (www.viaverde.pt) or in cash at the service stations.
More information available at www.viaverde.pt/Visitors or through gestao.clientes@viaverde.pt

Permanent Stays

Via Verde device, with direct debit.
Purchase this item at the Via Verde shops (www.viaverde.pt) or at the 'Caixa Geral' Bank in Spain;
Purchase of service at companies linked to transport services – RESSA: www.ressa.es or Servisa: www.servisatarjetas.com
More information available at www.viaverde.pt/Visitors or through gestao.clientes@viaverde.pt

For further information, please go to www.estradas.pt or contact 707 500 501 or duvidas.novasportagens@estradas.pt

Good luck with interpreting the foregoing. I will make copies of the original document and bring them with me to Marjal next week in case anybody is interested.

I close the thread with a comment made to me by two different Portuguese “officials”....... “at present the system cannot identify foreign number plates”. The quote is repeated here without prejudice and you must make of it what you will.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Failed to state the obvious in OP....... simply avoid Toll roads, easy to do as there really are not many...only the A22 on the Algarve, few more running North/South. However, I guess if you are in a hurry homewards, then avoidance might not be an option.

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back