LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hymer put oblong boards in so you can lay across the van and protect the window screens, the long boards are there to act as 'cot sides' if used by children or if inebriated, the drop down has Froli type fitted to a slat system,

Richard

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
My hymer has boards not the springy things and is 2016 model. Does it vary across models?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well mine is a 2015 model B678 and it has Froli system for the rear twin beds and the front drop down double. So may well depend upon model.

And the thin boards are fo protecting the window blinds when sleeping transverly. Having said that we use them when set up for singles as it stops us elbowing the blinds.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Anybody know the approximate cost of the Froli system for a double size bed ?

Currently we've got a very firm high density foam mattress over a slatted base. Presumably the Froli system would replace the slatted base. In other words, I would need to remove the wooden slats and place the Froli on the wooden base below (ie. over the garage).

Don't get a very good nights sleep at the moment. Previous van (Hymer) was much better with it's sprung mattress.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Hymer, with slatted-based bed, which I found to be very uncomfortable, after our previous Burstner. The Burstner bed was lovely.
I was lucky enough to buy a Froli system from e-bay for about £125. It comprises 2 boxes of springs, which are enough for 2 single beds or one double, with quite a few left over. I think the new price is around double what I paid. You also need mess (a bit like plastic garden netting) to cover the slatted base, and fit the springs onto this.
I got the mesh from Grasshopper.
I would say that, even if I'd had to pay full price for the Froli system, it would have been money well spent.
My husband was happy with the bed, as it was. So, I guess its a fairly individual thing.

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
We fitted the Froli springs to our Burstner Ixeo Time a few months back. No strange noises though! Have you tried removing the boards you mentioned to see if that makes a difference?
The system has made our bed much more comfortable - previously the only thing between the mattress and the hard base was what appeared to be a thin sheet of bubble wrap!
One word of warning if you fit the springs to an electric drop down bed - the system will add 3-4 cms to the height of the bed. This confused the lifting motor no end and ended up in a blown fuse. It was resolved easily by the dealer slightly lowerering the lug near the ceiling which triggers the autostop function of the lifting mechnism. We have therefore lost a little headroom in the living area during the day but it's well worth it given the extra comfort at night.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Be like sleeping on a giant octopus testacle :eek:

Did you mean tentacle perchance? :D Can't say I've seen any octopus testicles but maybe they do have them ... how many I wonder ... don't they have 8 hearts so that would mean 16 testicles!!! o_O

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why can't you "grab" Chris or have I got it wrong? Is "Pig-wig" a loving term for Chris or perhaps his parts?
This is Pig-wig ... although there is some resemblance to Chris :X3: lets just say that Chris is a bit more 'portly' so I'd struggle to get my arms round him at night !!!! :LOL:
pw1.JPG
pw2.JPG
pw3.JPG

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Did you mean tentacle perchance? :D Can't say I've seen any octopus testicles but maybe they do have them ... how many I wonder ... don't they have 8 hearts so that would mean 16 testicles!!! o_O

Whoops could be a slip of the finger ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just checked, octopusses/iiiiii ??? have 3 hearts so only 6 testicles! :LOL:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
@Coolbeanz
Did you ever resolve your bed issues?
Good reminder that I need to look into it still. We found the window board had been placed under Glynn's mattress so we put it under my mattress and it made a big difference to the noise when I turn over but also made the bed firmer so not ideal. We've been so busy decorating since we got back from Lincoln I forgot to take a close look at the set up. Might have a look tomorrow in between waiting for coats of paint to dry!! Definitely shouldn't need to use the window board to quieten the bed. If I can't see anything obvious I'll contact Froli.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
From the thread that reminded me;

If you're going?
Could always ask - if they're there.
We've only got 3 weeks until we disappear to Goa for 4 months for our winter sunshine so desperately trying to get some decorating finished so no time for the show but you've given me a good idea. If I can't solve the noise i might see if a Funster is going that can ask them about it (y)

Trevor Pettifer

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Arto 83
Exp
3 months
Re the noise problem. Have you checked to see if all the individual plastic 'things' are secured into place - sometimes they work their way round and come off the clip.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
You do know that you still need to use the mattress too don't you ... not just the springs! :rolleyes:
Whatever turns you on:rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back