New Guy Needs Help Please :-) (1 Viewer)

Roman Round

Free Member
May 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi all! had a motorhome a few years now, a Peugeot Pallermo 6 berth based on Boxer 2.5D, but recenly noticed the sliding doors on the tv cabinet getting stiff to movr...
On further investigation noticed some water drimming down from ariel cable, and some swelling at , and behind, the tv housing.
Tried in vain to figure out how to remove the cabinet and sliding doors, but there is no obvious way of removing the doors or cabinet?
All help oe advice will be gladly appreciated!

Thanks, Ricky

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Welcome to Fun

You will get loads of help on here.
But dont forget you can only post 5 times for free.
Best join £10:00 per year & well worth it.

Mel

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Ricky and welcome to the forum.
can't help with your question I'm afraid but someone will be along shortly to assist.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The sliding door usually lift up from the bottom and you lift it out a little at a time,, the end may be fixed in some way.
I did the ones in my previous van but it's been a while and a bit hard to describe. A tip for when its done, spay runners with silicone spray (screwfix) or furniture polish.

Ref the water and selling in the wood, get that sorted ASAP. Depending how long it's been going on it could be serious.. Fingers crossed...

Welcome to fun and as mentioned maybe the best £10 you will spend for the info you can learn on here..

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hi and welcome it will be a tenner well spent.
But I would look at where TV cable comes in to van that would be my first line of investigation.
then dry every thing out before using but I am sure one of the resident expert's will be along soon
bill

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi! I hope you find it would be worthwhile joining this excellent Forum, where answers come quicker than in a magazine and cost less.
I owned a Palermo '02 with the sliding doors and used a silicon spray when they became sticky at the top as well as the bottom. As I remember the cupboard tv slide out tray was also a problem trying to find fittings for a TV.
I never removed the sliding door for fear that it would come to pieces once out of the track.
Good luck!

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi and welcome, as mentioned by happy brewer, i would investigate the water leak first. If its a status aerial then it may be the sealant on the roof flange has deteriorated but also worth checking that the inner locking nut hasn't become loose thereby relaxing the rubber seals ( locknut is on inside of van and clamps the plastic variable angle plate against the ceiling of the van ) i once found mine had worked loose on a caravan i had and resulted in water coming down the tube from the roof. if the locknut is fully tightened, then I would opt for the sealant on the roof flange. You can get the non setting mastic from most caravan/motorhome accessory shops.
To get to the roof flange, you will need to remove the locknut from the inside of the van, that should release the status aerial on the roof.
As for the stiff cupbord slide doors, silicone spray ok but attracts dust and dirt so fouls again, there is a dry silicone spray or graphite spray from screwfix that prevents this and is also great for your hab door and locker door locks. Hope this helps, Lance

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
:welc:
Can't help sorry, but am sure a very clever person soon will be able to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back