New Guy Needs Help Please :-)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Roman Round, May 10, 2015.

1. Roman Round

Roman Round Read Only Funster

Hi all! had a motorhome a few years now, a Peugeot Pallermo 6 berth based on Boxer 2.5D, but recenly noticed the sliding doors on the tv cabinet getting stiff to movr...
    On further investigation noticed some water drimming down from ariel cable, and some swelling at , and behind, the tv housing.
    Tried in vain to figure out how to remove the cabinet and sliding doors, but there is no obvious way of removing the doors or cabinet?
    All help oe advice will be gladly appreciated!

Thanks, Ricky

2. Mel

Mel Funster

Welcome to Fun

You will get loads of help on here.
    But dont forget you can only post 5 times for free.
    Best join £10:00 per year & well worth it.

Mel

3. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Hi Ricky and welcome to the forum.
    can't help with your question I'm afraid but someone will be along shortly to assist.(y)

4. f6c

f6c Funster

Welcome aboard;)

5. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

The sliding door usually lift up from the bottom and you lift it out a little at a time,, the end may be fixed in some way.
    I did the ones in my previous van but it's been a while and a bit hard to describe. A tip for when its done, spay runners with silicone spray (screwfix) or furniture polish.

Ref the water and selling in the wood, get that sorted ASAP. Depending how long it's been going on it could be serious.. Fingers crossed...

Welcome to fun and as mentioned maybe the best £10 you will spend for the info you can learn on here..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Hi and welcome it will be a tenner well spent.
    But I would look at where TV cable comes in to van that would be my first line of investigation.
    then dry every thing out before using but I am sure one of the resident expert's will be along soon
    bill

7. Baldeagle7470

Baldeagle7470 Funster

Hi and welcome from :france:
    Hope you get the drips sorted!!

8. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Sorry can't help with your problem but welcome to FUN. :)

9. rosalan

rosalan Funster

Hi! I hope you find it would be worthwhile joining this excellent Forum, where answers come quicker than in a magazine and cost less.
    I owned a Palermo '02 with the sliding doors and used a silicon spray when they became sticky at the top as well as the bottom. As I remember the cupboard tv slide out tray was also a problem trying to find fittings for a TV.
    I never removed the sliding door for fear that it would come to pieces once out of the track.
    Good luck!

10. Momo

Momo Funster

Hi Ricky and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

11. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Hi and welcome, as mentioned by happy brewer, i would investigate the water leak first. If its a status aerial then it may be the sealant on the roof flange has deteriorated but also worth checking that the inner locking nut hasn't become loose thereby relaxing the rubber seals ( locknut is on inside of van and clamps the plastic variable angle plate against the ceiling of the van ) i once found mine had worked loose on a caravan i had and resulted in water coming down the tube from the roof. if the locknut is fully tightened, then I would opt for the sealant on the roof flange. You can get the non setting mastic from most caravan/motorhome accessory shops.
    To get to the roof flange, you will need to remove the locknut from the inside of the van, that should release the status aerial on the roof.
    As for the stiff cupbord slide doors, silicone spray ok but attracts dust and dirt so fouls again, there is a dry silicone spray or graphite spray from screwfix that prevents this and is also great for your hab door and locker door locks. Hope this helps, Lance

12. parknride

parknride Funster

:welc:
    Can't help sorry, but am sure a very clever person soon will be able to.