New garage Bailey? (1 Viewer)

Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We have a Bailey 520 compact manufactured in 2014, the last year Bailey produced a garage model ( I think ). A rep at the NEC show said a garage model would be released at the NEC Feb 2017 show! Anyone got any info ? ie length, births etc

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Have you tried Bailey,s website to see if there is any announcement of the garage model:)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
AndyLes
Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Have tried everywhere to find out Brian/Jo hence the forum post, loove the Bailey, ticks nearly all of our boxes BUT would like a bigger dining area so idealy the front of the 720 and the back of our 520!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
i believe there is a garage model imminent....75-6G or 79-6G a six berth from memory. thought i might see it at the Oct show but no sign of it, perhaps Feb as you say...

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
i believe there is a garage model imminent....75-6G or 79-6G a six berth from memory. thought i might see it at the Oct show but no sign of it, perhaps Feb as you say...
I saw a garage Bailey at the October show? Don't know the number but it had two single beds, a very curvy bit in between and the body was as wide as Kim Kardashians arse!

PCB

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Bailey Compact 520
Exp
Newbie, but was a caravanner
Hi AndyLes, I also have the 2014 compact 520, love the garage, and the double bed, but as I am a very light sleeper would be interested if they made a single bed model, love driving it, only hiccup is when me and the wife want to pass each other by the sink / dining area. What mods have you done, what tv ariel do you use / or have fitted??
Please shout if you find any info on new model.

OP
OP
AndyLes
Dec 27, 2016
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi PCB. I'm a lighter sleeper than Les so I'm on the outside, think it's a rouse so I get the drinks in a morning :) on that subject first mod was to deepen the little drinks shelf under the cupboards that doesn't hold a mug, deeerr. No where for book, mags on my side of bed so a small cargo net on wall works great. Two extra shelves in wardrobe especially at bottom to stop stuff going down side of wheel arch against electrics and pipes. Three arm TV bracket doesn't allow all of TV screen to be seen from drivers seat so made it four arm. Rear seats to upright so triangles of foam behind seat backs. Brought new table wall runner so table can be moved forwards or backwards, old runner used on wall lower down as its only this rail that stops this model being a four birth?!?! you also get the table rail with the wall rail so made a small table 300mm x 400mm approx. so the large table goes in garage most of the time giving more room but also somewhere for drinks and snack / lunch plates. A piece of black downpipe glued to dash holds the dashcam and doubles as a cable tidy for cam, tyre pressure sensors and sat nav. Front mudguards. I use a house TV ariel on a interlocking pole which is either bungeed to bike rack or nearby tree / fence post ( used in conjunction with an app on phone which shows me the best way to point it, if no signal I look at local house ariels ), when not in use on two brackets on garage wall. Garage also has lots of hat and coat hooks and a couple of wardrobe rails and a small set of greenhouse shelves, that takes all my crap but still leaves room for the usual bike bits, wind breaks outside table and chairs etc etc hence my need for a garage Ha Ha how do you guys manage without one ;-). We have a drive away awning so have fitted a rubber seal between roof and wind out awning box. Sounds like I've done a lot but they are only little improvements that the manufacturer could/should have done in first place!? Last task ( I hope ) is to sort water forcing out of the fresh water pipe when I go around bends, ( mentioned in another thread, I don't think it's syphoning!?! ), yes smart bottoms I've tried going in a straight line but some of the islands are a bit bumpy ;-)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back