Free Member
Jun 17, 2012
Lenham, Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
:Smile:Hi All, My trouble and strife introduced me to motorhoming when we met just over 5 years ago, but we've only just discovered the full joy of it! Caravan Club rallies and holidays are great but can get sameish ........ wilding in Scotland in a May heatwave was stunning::bigsmile:! Now planning a few days in Sussex, maybe the Western Show at Malvern and who knows what after that?
We're in our 50s and have an Autotrail Grande Frontier A class. Lovely piece of kit, but heavy for little Scottish roads! Done a bit in France and Spain, but not really wilding ....... the French have this brilliant idea of "aires", cheap motorhome parking on the outskirts of towns with water (for a small charge) and waste disposal facilities:thumb: ......... I'm going to lobby my local MP to consider this sort of arrangement.
Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Have fun and drive safe, Lenham Gez.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
:Smile:Hi All, My trouble and strife introduced me to motorhoming when we met just over 5 years ago, but we've only just discovered the full joy of it! Caravan Club rallies and holidays are great but can get sameish ........ wilding in Scotland in a May heatwave was stunning::bigsmile:! Now planning a few days in Sussex, maybe the Western Show at Malvern and who knows what after that?
We're in our 50s and have an Autotrail Grande Frontier A class. Lovely piece of kit, but heavy for little Scottish roads! Done a bit in France and Spain, but not really wilding ....... the French have this brilliant idea of "aires", cheap motorhome parking on the outskirts of towns with water (for a small charge) and waste disposal facilities:thumb: ......... I'm going to lobby my local MP to consider this sort of arrangement.:thumb::thumb:
Looking forward to meeting some of you soon. Have fun and drive safe, Lenham Gez.

Hi and Welcome to MHFun...Lenham Gez..France is where we live and do nothing BUT AIRES...many are free....we cover about 20,000 + a year in the van over 12 months..
Look at our Picasa link at the bottom of this reply 100s of photos all of Aires in France...click on any photo and find many more inside, enlarge to full screen...we love them...freedom to come and go when you want, your motorhome has everything you need...........
The Autotrail Grande Frontier A class is a good motorhome....enjoy your travels you never know we may even see you....I did meet up with a motorhome person with a Autotrail Grande Frontier at Catilon sur Sambre....:thumb:

SWMBO....."The wife" is from Kent......
Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun. :welcomefunster:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun that wasnt a heat wave in Scotland its always like that up here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi and welcome from more funsters in Scotland :welcomefunster:

Yes, another lovely day in Scotland today! :Cool:

Bill & Margaret

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi and Welcome to MHFun...Lenham Gez..France is where we live and do nothing BUT AIRES...many are free....we cover about 20,000 on the clock + a year in the van over 12 months..
Look at our Picasa link at the bottom of this reply 100s of photos all of Aires in France...click on any photo and find many more inside, enlarge to full screen...we love them...freedom to come and go when you want, your motorhome has everything you need...........
The Autotrail Grande Frontier A class is a good motorhome....enjoy your travels you never know we may even see you....I did meet up with a motorhome person with a Autotrail Grande Frontier at Catilon sur Sambre....:thumb:

SWMBO....."The wife" is from Kent......
Mel

Just got up this morning 5.00am and its Peeing it down....where is all the rain coming from this year....I hope its better weather back in the UK

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Hello mate, are you following me? or am I following you? Speak soon

Drew

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us in a nice warm France

A warm welcome from us as well.. we are currently in a very warm France heading home at the weekend... I think most of the members on this site know about the aires, we all tend to use them at times.

The Malvern show is very good. I think it is the best of the bunch myself.

We have our own area were we meet up and a good 70 to 100 motor homes and RV's of all sizes ... the site normally has 5,000 motor homes on it.. good location, lots of trade stands.

To pitch up with MHF you do need to be a paid up subscriber .. that is the best £10 you can spend each year.

The site has lots of members and lots of knowledge.. it is a case of ask and someone will know.

Bob

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A Warning to Lenham Gez

Avoid contact with Funsters at meets at all costs...

I did not take this simple advice and ended up as mad as they are...

I have had to run away to Portugal for safety... but they still track me down and try to ply me with beer and exotic gifts from Blighty...

It is a plot by Daily Ma*l readers to move you to the right and make you a Royalist...

You have been warned by one who knows... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back